I loved Jackson's third month. It was an oasis after two months of being more tired than I ever dreamed and having my life change dramatically. Annabeth is now in her third month and I'm finding it just as dreamy. Here's why:
1) So many smiles!
2) She's getting close to doubling her birth weight and she is oh so snuggly.
3) With eight hours of sleep and my hormones evening out, I feel like myself again.
4) I've gotten used to her patterns and I generally know how to soothe her when she fusses.
5) One little round tummy, two squishy cheeks, and the disappearance of newborn chicken legs.
6) She squeaked out a tiny laugh on Monday night. I had her propped up on my legs and we were playing our first game of peekaboo. A few minutes later, I told her I was shielding her from seeing her father cut his toenails in order to protect her innocence. That's when she did her second little laugh.
Oh, third month, how I love you!