I got this from my friend, Sunni, in an email. I thought it would be fun for the blog. Leave yours in a comment or in your own blog. Have fun!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate??
Hot Chocolate with peppermint, but I do like egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
The adult in me likes the white lights but the kid in me loves colored lights. We change it up year to year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I always intend to.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The beginning of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My mama's dressing and green bean casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
One year when I was probably 5 years old Santa came to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve night. He brought toys for me and my sister and it was so amazing! I got to watch a video of it for the first time a few months ago and it was so fun.
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
It depends on what family we're with that year. With mine, we open up presents with my dad's family.
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, ornaments, silver and red balls, and silver ribbon. Every year in Jackson Hole I buy some new ornaments (at the "Moose Be Christmas" store) that are moose, bears, or something else mountainish. I hope to have enough one day to have a separate tree for my Jackson Hole ornaments.
10. Snow, like it or dread it?
Snow is magical.
11. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but it hurts my feet and I'm not exactly good. I prefer old school roller skating in a church gym.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My Nike Air Jordans in 5th grade. My bff and I both got them - mine were red and black and hers were purple and teal. We were so awesome! Curt got me my dining room table the year we were engaged. I was thrilled beyond belief.
13. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Remembering it's all about Jesus. Being with my family members. Going to see Christmas lights in really rich neighborhoods with Curtis. Eating all my favorite foods. Seeing everyone open the gifts we picked out for them.
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My mom's Texas Sheetcake - really rich chocolate cake with amazing chocolate frosting and pecans on top.
15. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
I don't know if this is a tradition, but I look forward to seeing my stocking every year. It has Santa riding in a cupcake/candy train. It's a felt applique stocking with sequins and beads on it.
16. What tops your tree?
A silver star.
17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
I love giving when it's a gift I'm really excited about and proud to give.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night; Jesus, Born On This Day by Mariah Carey
29. Candy Canes - yuck or yummy?
Yummy in moderation.
20. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Home Alone, but I used to love watching Steel Magnolias every year with my mom, sister, grandma, and aunts.