Tammie tagged me for a 7 things meme, but I've been seeing another one that I haven't ever done before and wanted steal it! So thanks, Tammie and Erin! (By the way, Tammie is a friend from H-town and Erin is one of the wonderful cousins I acquired when I married Curtis!)
What I was doing 10 years ago - Spring of 1998
1. Getting ready for senior prom and high school graduation.
2. Spending a lot of time with my Nanny because she was dying from breast cancer.
3. Figuring out who would be my roommate at A&M - Sarah Todd!
4. Going to lots of high school baseball games.
5. Getting my nails done with my best friend Jennifer every other week. Hmmm, what's that like, former self?
Five things on my to-do list today (we'll go with tomorrow since its nighttime)
1. Pick out furniture to fill this half-empty house.
2. Meet the Altics for breakfast at IHOP.
3. Wash, dry, and straighten my hair (it takes so long).
4. Hang everything that's supposed to be on Jackson's walls.
5. Recycle some of our moving boxes and packing paper, thanks to the influence of our new neighbors who are inspiring me to be more green!
Five snacks I enjoy
1. Fresh, regular-fat Cheez-Its.
2. Sour cream and onion Pringles.
3. Gerber fruit snacks for toddlers. (It is your responsibility to know what your child is eating, right?)
4. Cherries when they're in season.
5. Sunni's 7-layer dip.
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Tithe big.
2. Support missionaries.
3. Help ourselves, our families, and our friends pay off debt. And buy our moms and sisters their dream houses.
4. Give to organizations that are translating the Bible into all kinds of languages.
5. Buy a horse ranch - preferably one by a river - in the Texas Hill Country. Own lots of Arabian horses and watch them run through the pasture while I wash dishes at my kitchen sink. Amen. Think about when I'll ride a white one behind Jesus one day.
Five of my bad habits
1. Staying up too late.
2. Wasting time on the computer!
3. Waiting too long between highlight appointments.
4. Waiting too long to get Jackson's hair cut.
5. Not returning calls unless I'm driving in the car. That is because I'm either alone or I have Jackson strapped in his car seat and unable to do crazy things while I'm talking.
Five places I have lived
1. Houston, TX
2. Victoria, TX
3. College Station, TX
4. Thornaby-on-Tees, UK
5. Irving, TX (affectionately known to Irvingites as The Crooked I)
Five jobs I’ve had
1. Production assistant for the To Live is Christ video series. I earned my wage by crawling like a crab through the sand dunes in Galveston - holding cue cards! I think that was the only time my mom ever used cue cards.
2. Customer File Maintenance person for my dad's plumbing company. At age 16, Jennifer and I worked there during the summer and made $7 an hour. We were the envy of all our friends. We rolled in about 9, got taken to lunch by one of our dads, and left by 3 to catch the rest of the sun's good tanning rays. On our days off we ordered pizza, watched Days, and swam in her pool. Life was good.
3. I did some random stuff for Steve Seelig in college when he was officing at LPM. One time I got to stuff publicity packets for Watermark! My fave!
4. Missions intern at HFBC (where I met Curtis Wayne).
5. LPM - my first full time job.
*Adding number 6. Breastfeeding my child for the first year of his life. The hardest job I've ever done! But worth it when I think about how many hours I spent holding that little baby who has hardly sat still in my lap since. Thank You for that victory, Lord. You know You won it for me.