This has been a really long week and I am pooped. My work load has doubled for the time being and it has been interesting trying to get it all done. Things should let up early this summer. Let's just say I haven't been very clean or lovely this week. Hence, the ugly stick.
BigMama's Spring Fashion Fiesta has been going on all day and I've nearly missed it! (I'm writing late Friday night.) Few worldly things make me happier than good clothes. When beautiful textiles come together with a good fit, my heart soars. When the Lord confronts me with my idols, clothes are typically somewhere on the ugly totem pole. He has to keep me in check. That's one reason why I've been memorizing this.
Here are a few of my favorite things.
1) Citizens of Humanity and Seven for All Mankind Jeans. The fit is worth every penny. Plus, I wear them every single day. I spend as little money as possible on makeup and toiletries and almost nothing on jewelry (anything I have is from my mom), so this is where I splurge.
2) J. Crew tissue tees.
3) The same pair of Reef flip flops in brown and black. I don't like to wear flip flops with super narrow bands because I need more of my 9.5's covered. Anyone feeling me here?
4) Hot pink. It is hard to be in a bad mood when you wear hot pink. I was recently lamenting the lack of hot pink summer clothes in stores, but the Lord allowed me to be reunited with a hot pink shirt that I own and hadn't seen in a while. Plus, He let me find my hot pink suede Coach purse that has been missing for two years. Yeah!
5) Navy blue. Love it. It's so easy.
6) My Nike reversible mesh shorts from Academy.
7) I love Nicole Miller and ABS dresses. Very, very, very, very rarely do I have an occasion to wear one and the money to buy one at the same time. Maybe once every few years. But if I had more money than sense, I would go dress shopping every week at Neiman's or Nordstom.
8) Last year I wore a lot of dresses from Forever 21 with capris or jeans. I have no idea if that will fly this summer.
9) High heels! But not too narrow, please.
10) I've always loved Banana Republic. I think their fabrics feel good, look good, and last a long time. You can always find good things on their sale racks, too.
There you have it! Ole'! Thanks for this fun idea, BigMama!