Friday, January 20, 2012

She Wanted Breakfast Tacos

I'm feeling much better about life thanks to all of your encouragement and "Me too!" comments on my last post. Thank you, friends. Our house is looking a lot better today and I'm so grateful. I put out some of the fun little "pretties" I got for Christmas from Anthropologie and they're very cheerful. If you don't like bold colors, you should probably not come over. Just saying.

So yesterday I took back a bowl and some jeans from Anthro that I had been given. The bowl arrived broken and the zipper had fallen right off the jeans. They gave me a gift card for what they were worth and then I went on the hunt through the store to find the same jeans. I couldn't find my size, so a sales lady brought me some from the back. I grabbed a couple more things and went to check out. The jeans rang up at $9.

NINE DOLLARS.

The lady checking me out was in shock because the tag clearly said "A lot more than $9." But apparently the computer was just dying to give me a major discount. I thought they would fix it and charge the full amount, but the sales ladies just basically said, "Rock on! It's your lucky day!" and congratulated me on my good deal. How awesome is that?

This is a very random turn to take, but this morning I was in my room getting all the laundry folded and Annabeth was watching 'Punzel in the living room. When I finished, I came out and found that she was in the back yard with two cartons of eggs she had taken out of the fridge. She had also been playing with tortillas. I guess I can't blame her for wanting to make breakfast tacos. But it was just the perfect story to share after my last post.

Okay, one of my besties is arriving any minute. Gotta go! Happy Friday, peeps.

15 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! $9 jeans from Anthro!?! That's is a true divine miracle!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am happy for your bargain! :)

Kimberly said...

Hey sometimes a girl gets cravings & watching 'Punzel' can bring on an appetite ... breakfast tacos sound great! ;) Congrats on the $9 jeans ... what a blessing! :)

Emilee C. said...

I like bold colors :) haha! Happy Friday! :)

Angie said...

The tacos made me laugh. And my 2 year old would watch "Punzel" all day if I'd let her. :-)

Tara G. said...

Ack- you left me hanging! I was waiting for more details on the eggs! :) {We love breakfast tacos, too, so who can blame her?!}

Nelson's Mama said...

$9 at Anthro! Wonders never cease...

marie said...

Okay I think that it is a first for Anthropologie, love that the clerk was happy for you instead of trying to figure out the glitch. I love color in my home too. I just decorate how I like, with tons of color, and somehow it all seems to work.

Too cute about the eggs, it's hard to get mad when they're just using their imagination and being creative.

This Is The Day said...

Wow, way to go on the jeans! I love finding a good deal. I loved reading about Annabeth and the eggs. Too funny.

And your last post was so great! Thank you for helping me feel like I am not the only one who cannot keep my house clean for than five seconds. My husband always says, "We live here." Sometimes I just wish we could live in a space that would magically stay clean. :)

Rachel

Claire said...

$9 anything from anthro? Lucky girl!

Lari said...

I have to laugh at the egg story...when my oldest was 2 I left him watching Veggie Tales while I took a quick shower...and came out to find 3 eggs on the floor in front of the fridge and him with a tomato in each hand in the living room eating them like they were apples...am thankful that my current 2 yo hasn't figured out how to open the fridge...YET! LOL!

Brittany said...

Oh man! I LOVE finding treasure at anthropologie!!! Once I bought a shirt and dress, at least $200 total normally, for $32. Clearly I am still bragging about it. haha Love that store!

Melissa F. said...

love this...they can sneak off so fast and are so creative when left alone... :)

FitzandMolly said...

We shall never, ever allow Annabeth & Joseph to meet. They will give each other very bad ideas!

Shellie Paparazzo said...

I don't even shop at Anthro because I can't afford them!!! So $9!!! Wow! That totally makes up for the two year old in the yard making breakfast tacos! And I like her taste! That sounds really good about now! And I haven't had breakfast yet! Ha! Perfect! Thanks, Annabeth!!!