Friday, April 13, 2012

2012 So Far

An iPhone dump is handy when you haven't blogged in 2 months and don't know where to start.

Annabeth got into the ballerina spirit on this day. 


A grill from a quarter machine really completed the look. 


This is the "small personal items belt" Curt gave me for Christmas for my short-lived season of running with some girlfriends as they trained for a 10K. It holds my phone and a key. I found myself wishing for it one day when I wasn't running, which is how fanny packs were born. Horror!


We had so much fun with these pink striped tights when the weather was cool. 


Here's AB and her baby doll in matching outfits. 


Tea time!


Sometimes Snow White likes to run errands with me. 


My sis and me.


Annabeth with some of her besties at church. 


The kids after getting Valentine's cards and blessings in the mail from Nana and Pappaw.


We had lunch with Jackson at his school on his 6th birthday. We didn't bring him food because he eats so early, none of the fast food restaurants are even serving lunch yet. Craziness! He loves getting salad, which may be even crazier.


He dressed up for "Go Texan Day" at school. He wasn't real thrilled about it, but I had assumed he would freak out and give me a guilt trip if I didn't dress him up. *Sigh*


We met Aunt Melissa for lunch at City Center one day and had cupcakes for dessert. 


I spent the night at my parents' new house on the last night of Bible study. Daddy made me waffles in the morning. He's the sweetest. 



I got to see Lady Antebellum at the rodeo this year with some friends. No visit to the rodeo is complete without a grilled chicken sandwich from this place. Amen. 


Annabeth braved her second haircut and actually let them wash her hair in the sink beforehand.


She was a champ!


Jackson made his own PBJ for the first time.


Here's AB looking like Rambo. She had gotten into some ashes in the BBQ pit and they were all over her face. She can be very girly but she has a feral side, too.


One of the many smiles of Aberly. 


This is the result of my daughter sneaking into my makeup bag and applying extreme lip plumping gloss to her face. The pinkness is not the color of the gloss, but the reaction of her skin to whatever was in it. Yikes! Also, if she becomes a clown one day I'll say it started here. 


On April 1, our church had a very exciting day. We started a second worship service and we were also visited by Brandy and Ashley, the two sisters of Horseback for Haiti. They had just completed a 7-month journey from Michigan to Houston to raise money for water wells in Haiti. 


We recently took our kids to a little circus out in Waller. I can't believe I said yes to this. 




Annabeth had been begging for me to paint her nails. We finally did it the night before Easter. She was so happy. 


This week BCF held a Bible study night for the women of our church. 


Only six more Fridays until summer. I'm so ready! Enjoy your weekend, friends. 




32 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back to blogging! you've been missed :)

Kelly said...

Amanda, I'm generally a stalker (sorry), but I had to comment and tell you I've been thinking of you and praying for you lately because I realized I'd been missing your posts. That's not meant to be a guilt trip (oh please don't think so!) but just an encouragement that your posts are sweet and funny and inspirational! Praying for your family and BCF!

Anonymous said...

So glad your back! You have the most beautiful kiddo's ever!

Candice said...

The horse behind your mom kind of gives her the illusion of horse ears... eek! haha!

Kate said...

can I please say that I LOVE. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of Annabeth's bows with all her cute outfits!!!!

Its like I always say here in Arkansas, "The bigger the bow, the better the mom!!!"

Your kids are just too cute!!

DeeDee said...

my son begssssss to get salad at school...he LOVES it! I think it is so strange. I am thinking he probably thinks he is a grown up when he eats it...who knows? just thankful he wants to eat something healthy! love your blog...glad your back.

Melissa said...

I think the craziest thing is looking at the picture of you and Melissa and then the picture of AB as Snow White - your faces with sunglasses on, smiles and all, look IDENTICAL! Like mother, like daughter...beautiful. :)

Megan said...

I love all your pictures! So cute! Happy Friday! :)

JSTYMIEST said...

Welcome back! ;) Enjoyed your randome catch-up pics. Your kids are too cute! So sweet of your dad to make you waffles for breakfast - my dad was always the pancake king in our house. :)

Marla Taviano said...

I was JUST going through my google reader and deleting blog subscriptions I just don't have time for anymore. I refused to delete yours though and hoped you might say something again soon. :) Hugs to you, friend!

California Dreamin said...

Thanks for the new pictures. The kids have grown so much. You have such a beautiful family. Raining cats and dogs here in So Calif. Get to see your mom in October for Living Proof Live. Take care in Houston. :)

Jessica said...

the mesh/tulle rainbow colored headband - where is it from?! i love it! your kids are so cute and your daughter's hair is gorgeous but i can tell that comes from her momma!

happymcfamily said...

I feel ya: I wore a "running belt" at Disney with my phone, licence & credit card/cash. MOST of the time it hid under my shirt (and it was very comfy, btw). But when it peeked out in some pictures with Mickey Mouse, I felt the need to justify that it had a name, and it's name was "running belt" and not "fanny pack" ;-)

Shelli Littleton said...

Crazy question: Are those "teeth" in Anabeth's mouth? And that is called a "grill"? I did not know that! Ha! And who led Bible study at your church? Mom?

Keep having a fun year!

bethany said...

Yay! So glad that you are back. Missed you and your fun updates and thoughtful posts. Looks like the last two months have been full of fun. I love the pic of Jackson in the Texan garb....so cute! He reminds me so much of my nephew Cole (probably because they are only 6 weeks apart in age). And Annabeth with her crowning glory...that child has some beautiful hair!!

Tara G. said...

Rejoicing with you over living a full life! :) Enjoyed the photos!!

katiegfromtennessee said...

Amanda,

Pictures were fun to see, good to hear from you again.

Barbara Head said...

Oh, how excited I was when I opened your Blog (which I do everyday) and saw a new date and new pictures. I am so very proud to call you and Curtis "my pastor & his wife". Thank you so much for my pic fix!!!

Gavriel said...

we missed you sooo much welcome back :) is the doll annabeth was holding a bitty baby? I used to play with one of those

Dionna said...

Yay! You posted! Loved all the photos. So many special memories captured. :)

You're not by any chancing coming to LPL here in Boise in May, are you? I'll be there with my daughter!

Cindy Childers said...

So happy to have you back blogging Amanda! I have missed your posts. Our kids are about the same age and it's always fun to see what you guys are up to. Btw, I LOVED the picture you posted of you and me on your blog from the SSMTS in January. Thanks for making me feel so special about being a "British/American" friend. I hope to get to meet your "other" british friend at the next celebration. Btw, baby #3 is on the way. Didn't know when I met you in Houston. So very excited!! Love, Cindy

FitzandMolly said...

welcome back. your blog makes me laugh.

Erica said...

So glad you are back!! I've missed you, friend. I'm thrilled things are going so well for all of you!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

LOVED the pictures! You have a beautiful family.

Shelly said...

I can't get over Annabeth's cuteness.

And the iPhone photo upload did just fine

:)

Bobbie said...

What wonderful pictures to catch us up with! I can't believe how Jackson and Annabeth have grown! You've really been on my mind since we spoke at Bible Study at HFBC, lots of prayers for you and your family and new church plant-its great to hear from you! Enjoy your Summer!

brandy said...

I just had to share with you...as my husband and I are getting ready to share about Compassion on Compassion Sunday, I'm reminded that it was from reading your blog that I felt led to sponsor a child. We now are blessed to sponsor 2 children and we hope to sponsor more in the future. I just wanted to tell you that your blog is a blessing! I participate in a lot of your mom's studies and am so blessed by them! Thank you!

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Oh man. I am glad. you. are. BACK.

PS - I feel like that picture of you and Melissa in the car will be one of those photos that you'll be pulling out 60 years from now to show great-grandchildren.

Brian and Nicole said...

Welcome back! I have missed your post and so enjoy reading them as there are times I feel our lives are pretty close with the kids. 5 and a half weeks of school left till summer here! We can't wait!

Fran said...

Amanda...I absolutely LOVE the pictures...and seriously...Jackson is changing by the week. He is getting so big and so handsome!!

You are a fabulous momma! Pray for BCF often...may God continue to grow and bless the church in all you do!

((hugs))
Fran

Melissa F. said...

So good to hear from you and see those cute kids! Thank you. You are a busy momma:)

Kathy said...

Amanda, just wanted to say that you've been missed. Glad you had such a great trip. We just finished up the "James" study tonight at our church...so it felt like gravitational pull to check in on your blog!! Was thrilled to see you back!! Love the pictures!