Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tid-bits from today

Today was very full. Here are a few interesting moments:
-I had leftover steak from Pappas Bros. Steakhouse for lunch. It was very good even microwaved. Props to Curtis for taking me on the nicest date ever.
-When I made my afternoon cup of tea I accidentally used some very, very spoiled milk rather than the nice fresh milk. Now you know just a smidgen about how disgusting my fridge is. Some people have skeletons in their closets. I have spoiled food in my fridge. Thankfully, when I stirred up the tea I noticed the small particles of nasty floating around and realized my mistake.
-I had to wrestle Jackson several times when he attempted to crawl away from me while I changed his diaper. It's very tricky keeping poop off household surfaces when a dirty hiney is bobbing through the air.
-We had a 40 degree change in temperature today as an "arctic winter storm" blew through Texas. You know how people can feel weather changes in formerly broken bones? I think I've been feeling this in my tonsils. Is that possible? It's been in the '80s the last couple of days and it's supposed to snow tomorrow! Curt may get the day off, which would be very exciting.
-Jackson was sitting in his high chair eating some snacks when I noticed it was taking him an unusually long time to chew his food. After he gagged a couple of times I decided to fish it out. This is a skill I perfected when Beckham was a puppy and would literally consume anything in sight. I found a chewed up leaf in my son's mouth. Nice.

No comments: