My friend Cassi tagged me for a "5 Things I Dig About Jesus" meme.
These are the rules:
1. those tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus…
2. those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers…
3. those tagged will post a comment here with their name and a link to their “dig” Jesus list…
Here it is, MamaCass!
1) He chose the weak things of the world. When He chose the disciples, he did not pick the kind of young men who were most respected, who were extremely intelligent, or who came from the best families. He used ordinary men and He did extraordinary things through them. That way, He got all the glory. When He looks for someone to use, He doesn't require pedigree, perfection, or natural talents. He can even use people who have messed up terribly in their lives. I appreciate that because if not, He couldn't ever use me. He looks for who will give Him all the praise and who is willing to be used in any way He asks. I love the way He is glorified through our weakness.
"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him." 1 Corinthians 1:26-29
2) He is my hope of glory. Through Jesus living in us, we can live beyond what is natural for human beings. We are not held captive to our fleshly thoughts, we are not destined to give into every temptation, we are not limited to what we can do in our own strength. He enables us to live lives that please Him. "Christ in [us], the hope of glory" is the ONLY reason we can do that.
"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Colossians 1:27)
3) He has a name written on Him that no ones knows but Himself. It has never been profaned. I love His holiness.
"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God." (Revelation 19:11-13)
4) He rides a white horse. He is the fulfillment of every girl's desire for a knight in shining armor, for a prince on a white horse coming to take her away. Except He's the real deal and MUCH more awesome than we can imagine. (See verse above.)
5) He works in my life every single day in big ways and small ways. I love having a Savior who is so personal and so active in my daily life. I love that there is enough of Him to go around. Ask Him to give you eyes to see His work in you and around you.