1) My relationship with Jesus. This is far, far above the others.
2) Friday dates with my best friend and husband, Mr. Curtis Jones. And anytime I get to laugh really hard with him. Curt has the best laugh in the world when he's really tickled. I anticipate hearing it tomorrow night during the season premiere of The Office.
3) Frequent visits with family. Seeing where I came from. Remembering who I am.
4) Talking on the phone with my mom at least twice a day.
5) Sneaking into Jackson's room late at night with the only other person on earth who knows what it's like to be his parent. We're always so tempted to wake him up and play with him...because after a few hours of peace, we miss him!
6) Doing fun things with friends, sometimes with, sometimes without children present.
7) Shopping in a beautiful store, regardless of whether I actually buy anything.
8) Pear and buttered popcorn Jelly Bellys. (I know, you don't have to tell me.)
9) My step aerobics class. I have to give props to my teacher because she has been doing an awesome job and we have lots of new regulars. Way to go!
10) An outfit that I at least feel cute in.
11) Finding the perfect gift for someone.
12) Sunday afternoon naps. This is high priority, people.
13) Hot tea in the morning and at 3 p.m.
14) My house being in order and the lawn being mowed.
15) A monthly catharsis. Usually about day Day 26.
16) Good worship music in my car.
17) Fresh highlights.
18) Sunshine when it's been rainy. Rain clouds when it's been dry.
19) Knowing I'm loved. I think about how much I love my child and then consider that God, in His perfect love, feels even more for me than that. Wow. (He does for you, too.)
20) This was added to my list just this morning. Spiced hazelnut croissants from Williams-Sonoma. They taste as though the Lord Jesus baked them Himself. Give Him all the glory.
And finally, these pictures greatly benefit my mental health. If Jackson could articulate it, he would probably tell you that pouring water over his head during bathtime benefits his mental health.