Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Annabeth is Three!

Miss Annabeth Ellen Jones turned 3 years old on Friday, February 3. It was a big day filled with friends, family, and princesses. 

Also? I must take a moment to celebrate the fact that I SURVIVED. Contrary to how it felt on many most days, age two - twice over - did not kill me. 

Here I raise my ebenezer. 

It was only right to take a picture with Big Pink Bear on the eve of Annabeth's birthday. 


Here's the birthday princess before she fell asleep for the last time as a two-year-old. 


We made the breakfast room birthday-worthy after she went to sleep. It's Curt's tradition to get his girl flowers and balloons. 


We woke Annabeth up by singing happy birthday. It took her a few minutes to snap out of her sleepiness but once she did, the birthday girl was on it. 


This is her hands-on-hips pose. 


Jackson tried so hard to be a fun and supportive big brother that day. He prayed the night before that he wouldn't be jealous of his sister's presents. Bless him. He had a few weak moments but overall he was a champ. 

Here's AB opening up some sparkly lip gloss. 


Application in progress. 


I think she was going for a dewy look. 


More to come...


19 comments:

Sarah said...

Ca-ute! :) :) Can't believe she's 3 already! :)

JayCee said...

So cute! I love the fact that she had a bow in her hair with her PJ's on - love it!! My granddaughter just turned 2 so we are gearing up for the "terrible 2's." I'm hoping they won't be as bad as I remember them being.

mindibz said...

I remember a while back you saying you were having her crib bedding made into a quilt for her big girl bed. It looks like it's done from the picture. Would you mind posting a pic of it and who did it? Since I read your great idea, I've been thinking of doing the same for my son, whose crib bedding I adore, and who will move into a big boy bed in the next 6 months. Thanks so much and happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday to Annabeth! She is so pretty!

Jennifer said...

She is just so cute!

Kimberly said...

She's adorable! Happy belated birthday to your sweet girl! :)

Tara G. said...

I love her expression over the lip gloss find! My husband buys the girls flowers, too- they each have a rose color special for them and he buys the # old they are. They love it! :)

MEGAN said...

She's so pretty!

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to Annabeth! I bet Big Brother wasn't terribly jealous of the lip gloss....
I remember when my baby girl was about 1 1/2 and I painted her toenails for the first time. Big brother, who was about 4, looked longingly at the polish. I then told him it was pretty much a girl thing, and then he quickly wanted nothing to do with it. :)

Shellie Paparazzo said...

As usual, she's absolutely darling!!! But I had do a double take on that picture of her in bed! I almost didn't think that was her!!! She looks so grown up in that picture!!!

And I did 2 years old 3 times! Are you in awe?:)

wmcswain said...

Happy Birthday Annabeth! She is such a cutie!

This Is The Day said...

What a cutie! She looks so much like you in that picture with the big pink bear! It looks like she had a birthday fit for a princess!

Our (current) youngest just turned two and apparently got the memo about the terrible two's b/c she is all of the sudden asserting her independence in a big way. It could be a long year! :P

Rachel

FitzandMolly said...

Congratulations on making it all the way to 3!! I so look forward to that day for myself. AB is so pretty. Miss you!

Emily said...

Man, she is a doll! My little girl (who I think is like AB personality wise!!) turns 3 in April. She has so little hair compared to AB. Hope the day was just wonderful!! Happy Birthday big 3 year old!! Where does the time go?!?

Bobbie said...

Absolutely adorable! Happy Birthday,Annabeth! I love the look on her face with the lip gloss gift!

His Jules said...

SO SO CUTE!!! I'm so glad that AB is a girlie girl who enjoys lip gloss, and tea parties. What fun for you!

ss said...

where did you get her adorable bedspread? i must know!

Amanda said...

SS, I had that quilt made from fabric from Annabeth's crib bedding. The seamstress also used a ton of other fun fabrics that coordinated well with it. It turned out really cute. I plan on giving it to her when she is grown.

Andreea said...

It's been forever since I've looked at your blog. So tonight i am getting caught up. :) Ana Beth is PRECIOUS!!!! :) I am scrolling through all your pics and having all kinds of awww moments :)