Tuesday, February 07, 2012

When It's Your Birthday

When it's your birthday, your best friend Ellison comes over early in the morning in her pajamas...


...and you eat pancakes.


When it's your birthday, you get to have a balloon while you eat on the coffee table.


When it's your third birthday, you dress up like a princess and play with a ceramic tea set for the first time.



When it's your birthday, you and your friend do girly things. 


When you love your pretend tea party and you don't break any pieces, Mommy gives you a real tea party.


(This is a flowering tea.)



When it's the princess's birthday, her mommy might suddenly remember the princess dress hanging in her closet from Halloween 5 years ago. She might put it on and the girls might think it's so fun. The birthday girl might even give her a kiss. She might not take a picture of it, so you might have to take her word for it.

When it's your birthday, you get to play with water marbles!



When it's your birthday, you might get a little cranky and then skip your nap. But Mommy gives you grace because you're her baby no matter how old you get.


15 comments:

Tara G. said...

Happy Birthday, Annabeth! 3 year old girls are SO fun!!! :)

Emily said...

So sweet! And so fun that she loves tea parties! :)

Rhonda Schrock said...

Love it! This, see, is foreign to me, for I'm raising princes. Four, to be exact, who don't "tea," but who Lego and play warriors going to battle and stealthy, powerful ninjas!

Thank you for this peek into girly-girl land. :)

Waving and grinning,

Rhonda Schrock, outnumbered, outmanned, and unarmed mother

Spicy Magnolia said...

Happy Birthday, Annabeth! Yeah for being 3! Yeah for princess dresses! Yeah for beautiful tea sets! Yeah for girly girl celebrations!!!

Robin said...

oh, what a cutie! Looks like so much fun. Happy birthday to her. :)

Shellie Paparazzo said...

Aw! Precious! I miss when my girls would dress up like princesses! Enjoy it!!!! Actually my 9 year old still would if I hadn't given away all their princess dresses cause we're moving. I'll buy her new one's I'm sure, that fit her better now that she's bigger!!

Brandi said...

Precious pictures of such sweet girls!

Shelli Littleton said...

Where is the picture of you in the princess dress?!! Hee, hee!! Looks like a very special day, indeed. When I saw "bibbidi bobbidi boo" at Disney, I couldn't help but think of your sweet momma. I can't remember where the name "Bibby" came from (Jackson?), but I so love it.

Erica said...

So cute! I love the way you wrote that post!

Dionna said...

So sweet. Love this post and the special things you did for Annabeth.

What are water marbles?

Marc and Charity said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!!! How fun. (I got Addison a ceramic tea set for her birthday in a little over a week!)

Emilee C. said...

It IS my birthday :) But of course, I am not turning 3, but rather 13! :) Happy, joyful birthday Annabeth!

Cheri-Beri said...

So sweet!! My baby girl turns 14 next week. Yikes.

annalee said...

pure perfection for the sweet 3-year-old!

stacikristine said...

What a sweet post! It looks like Annabeth had a fantastic birthday party. :)