Monday, June 19, 2006

Four Months Old

First of all, I can't believe Jackson has already been with us for four whole months! Second, I can't believe Jackson has only been with us four months! As I said before, the third month was truly blissful. I'm not so sure about month four. He is showing definite signs of teething now and I'm somewhat nervous about what's ahead. Pray for me! If there are any moms reading this who want to pass on their best "how to survive teething" tips, please leave me some comments.

Jackson is 16 pounds now. He can almost reach his toes to his mouth. In fact, he wants everything in his mouth. He's drooling like crazy which is really gross, but he doesn't mind it at all. One new development is that if you hold him facing out and leaning back a bit, he attempts to sit himself up straight. He also spit for the first time the other day. Yes, spitting is different from drooling. He also seems to get more control over his hands every day.

Remember when I talked about my hotsling? Well, Jackson just loves it. He literally laughs when I put him in it. He loves facing out. The only problem is when I'm walking through the mall or church or somewhere thinking, "Oh, me and my baby are so cute...la la la la la" he could totally have spit up all over his face and I wouldn't know it. It's definitely humbling when someone points it out to you.

Curtis and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary on June 15. We went to see Nacho Libre (we both liked it). Our friends Corey and Andy got married in Austin over the weekend at the Mansion at Judge's Hill and we got to stay there. What a neat place! Go there if you have the opportunity. We're really thankful for the journey we've had together so far. I have an amazing husband and I fall more in love with him every time I see my son smile and laugh when his dad walks in the room.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Congrats on 4 Years of marriage! That is soo exciting. I have been enjoying all this blogging you have been doing! You are a great blogger...you have a talent for it. It gets kind of scary when you think in blogs right before you take a picture. It is fun to hear and see all your experiences of Mommyhood. Looks like you are LOVING it. I love you Amanda and can't wait to meet your son in just 22 days!!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think Jackson may be the cutest baby to be born in at least a 100 years except for his mom and his Aunt Melissa. And he can drool on me anytime.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...congrats on 4 years!! Lillt Jackson is so precious, drool and all. JD was a BIG drooler and still is at almost 18 months! The teething thing is a whole new experience. Some days will be a lot better that others. I actually took JD to the doctor b/c his fever got so high (103.7) and his nose was oozing the green stuff, but $30 later and a screaming child I find out it's just his teeth!! A few tips? JD would never sit still long enough to chew on a teething ring. Once he was old enough for solids, I'd get one of those strainers on a ring for babies and put frozen grapes or really cold fruit in them. He LOVED, LOVED, LOVED those. I've also found (12 months later thanks to my mom) that bagels are great! JD will walk around with a bagel in one hand all day when his teeth hurt! One more thing - don't worry if all of a sudden Jackson has no interest in eating. When JD is cutting a tooth the only thing he'll eat is fruit!! Good luck sister...

Amanda said...

Great advice! Thanks, Steph! This week has been a lot better. I'm so thankful that it comes and goes.
AJ