Sunday, June 25, 2006

Shots!

Tomorrow we go see Dr. Raja for Jackson's 4 month shots. I'm very sad to say that Curtis can't go with me because he has to work. That means I have to be the one to hold Jackson's legs while they do the shots. I really, really don't want to do that. But I know there are plenty of moms in the world watching their children go through lots of pain, so I can be brave and do this. I really didn't think I'd be such a softie, but when it's your little baby screaming out of pain and crying tears, it's so unsettling! We will find out when Jackson will start solids tomorrow. (Most babies start between 4 and 6 months.) Curtis might have to put the highchair together soon! Last week we started Jackson in his full-size car seat. I think if he could talk he'd tell you it's changed his life. He LOVES it! He wants to be more upright these days and the infant car seat/carrier reclines too much. Many people have asked how our pets have reacted to the baby. Bill, our cat, doesn't act very interested in Jackson. He did, however, become obsessed with me while I was pregnant. Our golden retriever, Beckham, thinks Jackson is his baby. He goes everywhere Jackson goes without fail. It will be so fun when they can play together.



My wide-eyed boy in his jumper


Beckham tending to his baby


Dad being the human swing. Jackson in his cutest footie pj's.


Four years before...at Pappasito's having our rehearsal dinner. Today...at Krystle's Pizza with our youth.


Bill looking like a pretzel

1 comment:

Andreea said...

I love looking at your pictures. The of Bekham taking care of Jackson made me smile. I remember hearing your mom mention once about how Bekham used to go sit by Jackson's door when Jackson cried and waited for one of y'all get there and see what Jackson needed. Too sweet!