Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cereal time!

We just got home from our last camp tonight. It was so nice getting to rock Jackson in his own room and put him down in his own crib. We had a lot of fun at Camp Windermere. Curt was the camp pastor, so the only time he was busy was at night. We got to spend lots of time together as a family. We went shopping in Osage Beach, rode a jet ski (not with Jackson), went swimming, and ate lots of fast food as we avoided the long lines in the cafeteria. We're dying for some veggies now! We also got to spend several days with Curt's family, which was wonderful. Last night I got to experience the Ozark Empire Fair. That was quite an experience! Very interesting people-watching to say the least.

Jackson is five and a half months old now. He's working on sitting up these days. He likes to pull himself up to sitting using his superhero abs or my hands. He can sit very well with minimal support. He only lasts a few seconds on his own though. He can also pull himself to standing if he's holding my hands. He's reaching for everything around him, including my plate on the table if I'm holding him while eating. He rolled over twice today from tummy to back and he almost did the reverse a couple of days ago. I'm really thankful because he has his 6 month check up in two weeks and I don't want to have to tell Dr. Raja that he's still not rolling.

Two nights ago Jackson had his first experience with cereal. He had woken up three times the night before and I was at my wits end. I was desperately hoping the cereal would get him back to sleeping all night. It helped some. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera or videocamera to record the event. I used a one-time camera but I can't get those shots online. It was really neat to be able to have that experience at Curt's parents' house. My sweet mother-in-law helped me through it. By the way, my favorite moment of the week was when she sat at her piano with Jackson on her lap and played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was adorable to watch. He smiled and held her fingers while she played.

Tonight Curtis put together the high chair and I got the little bowl, spoon, and bib I had bought for Jackson weeks ago. He didn't really like it that much. He loved, loved, loved the spoon though. Curt thought it was amusing to tell me that we have now started the weaning process. That's technically true, but he didn't have to point it out and act so happy about it!


I don't know about this cereal business...


But this is the sweetest spoon ever!







No comments: