Friday, July 21, 2006

Jackson, church family. Church family, Jackson.

Jackson was formally introduced, dedicated, whatever you'd like to call it, at church on Sunday. I bought him this precious, classic baby outfit from Strasburg Children to wear along with some white leather shoes and dress socks. My son has a habit of soiling his Sunday outfit in the nursery, so I didn't put him in his new outfit until right before it was time. Curt wanted me to go get him during the invitation. I rushed out of the service as fast as I could in my heels, terribly anxious that I wouldn't be able to change him in time. The outfit had about 10 buttons. Cute, but cumbersome to put on. He was adorable! I think I'm going to have some portraits done of him wearing it. We made it back just in time. We stood before the congregation holding Jackson (and the all-important burp rag to catch any spitup that might dare creep out in the presence of God). Pastor John prayed over Jackson and over Curt and me. He also stated Jackson's name and its meaning. Well, it literally means "Son of Jack." Profound! We should have named him Curtison. Luckily, Jack is a medieval form of John, which means "Yahweh is gracious." Indeed! So that was the meaning our pastor shared. I wish I had the prayer recorded because I don't really remember everything he said. It's like when your husband or fiance proposed and all you can think about is what's happening and not what's being said.

Tomorrow at 7 a.m. we're heading to our last camp. This one's in Missouri. Please pray for us if the Lord brings us to mind. Here are some requests: safe travel, peace, joy, Curtis to preach in the power of the Holy Spirit, kids' lives to be changed, me to be filled with the Spirit and be selfless, and an easy adjustment with Jackson. Thanks!



2 comments:

Christi said...

He looks so cute! I can't wait to see the pics of him in the outfit. We will have Lucas (meaning "Bringer of Light") dedicated soon too. How blessed we are to have such precious children to give back to the Lord!

Miss you!
Christi

The Schmidt Family said...

Jackson is so adorable!!! What a hunk in that precious outfit!! We're so excited about the dedication. Love you!