Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Unplanned Fun

I know it's Tuesday, but I have to go back and talk about our fun weekend. We had absolutely nothing planned beside the farm trip, but ended up doing several fun things on the spur of the moment.

On Friday afternoon I started really wishing I had someone to go see The Secret Life of Bees with. There was no way Hubs would see that movie with me and we didn't want to get a babysitter. So I asked Curt if I could go with girlfriends after Jackson was in bed and he blessed me to do so. (That's a great way to get your chick flicks in, ladies!) So I found two friends in my neighborhood - Jen and Tammie - to go with me. Fun! Then we decided to get all our families together for dinner beforehand. We went to a restaurant where we could eat on the patio and enjoy the fall weather. It was so wonderful! There was a train track nearby that gave Jackson and Nathan lots of happiness. After that we went over to Cold Stone Creamery. Jackson had some funky blue flavor of ice cream and I held out for some popcorn. Then we went home and us girls changed into our comfy clothes and headed to see the movie. I personally thought it was great but I think it was a little sad for my friends.

Saturday morning we went to Dewberry Farm. Then after naps we ended up meeting the Altics for dinner at - where else - DoubleDave's! We were happy to initiate them into one of our favorite places. Jayk and Jackson spent a lot of time sitting at the car games.

Sunday morning we had church. In Sunday school the class director announced that he had four tickets to that day's Texans game, along with a parking pass, and they were free to anyone who wanted them. Curt looked at me and I said, "Do it babe!" So he took two of the tickets. He didn't ever find anyone to join him, but he ended up going anyway and had a great time. I love that men can do that. We had lunch with my parents at Tia Maria's and it was yummy yummy. However, due to my pregnancy indigestion I will be limiting my intake of Mexican food from this point on. It is not that fun to taste Mexican food for 24 hours. Disgusting, really. Curt went on to the game from there and Jackson and I went home with my parents. We had such a nice afternoon there. We just napped and hung out. Things have been very busy lately and we'd hardly had any time together, so it was great.

Monday was really fun too but I will talk about it later. That's all for now!

17 comments:

Big Mama said...

I am dying to see The Secret Life of Bees. In fact, Gulley and I were just talking about it today. We love to do the late night movie after the kids are in bed.

Also, I'm sad you're going to be limiting your Mexican food intake. That just ain't right.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a nice weekend you had. I really want to see The Secret Life of Bees! Glad to hear it was good.

Holly said...

Sounds like a "simply messing" kind of weekend. Those are my absolute favorite!

Praying for that baby girl of yours...and for her to allow a bit of Mexican food for her Mommy.

I have an absolutely wonderful story to share with you and your Mom from Bible study today--I will write it and send it sometime soon. I has to do with a bitty girl (5 lbs. 7 oz.) named Mia Bella born on Friday and her Mama brought her to class this morning and shared the most awesome testimony of God's goodness to her through Psalms of Ascent on their way to and at the hospital.

Kelly said...

Limiting mexican food????? Oh dear - has it come to this? I did have a frito pie at sonic last week and regretted it from the minute I finished it. :-(
That friday night plan sounds great! I want to go to some late night movies with friends in comfy clothes. I'm going to remember that!

RosyRose said...

So sorry about the indigestion honey! Just think in about... a year you can inhale those tacos again...if it's not the indigestion its the breast milk right?!:)

I love that your guy said go with friends! You so need those times and he's a wise man to see that:)

debra parker said...

I want to see the secret life of bees. I find that girls late night movies are the best. There is just something about climbing in my comfy clothes and ball cap ready to hit up the popcorn with the girlies. So fun.

I also want to see The Changeling. It just seems so intense.

Nancy Mon said...

So, was the movie good?

Jody said...

I gave you an award over at my blog. Please do not feel obligated to play along. I love your blog and like many who check in on you am very blessed by what you share.

Patty said...

My friend Georgia and I were just talking today about seeing The Secret Life of Bees.

It is always so nice to have a fun weekend and having fall temps makes it that much nicer.

lori said...

I am reading the secrect life of bees right now!!

Ashley said...

How fun! What is the Secret Life of Bees about? I'm going to have to look it up. Why would it have been sad? I love the late night movie thing, too.

Erin said...

I LOVED that book so I'm kind of reluctant to see the movie, movie versions of books I love always seem to disapoint. Do you want to come to Montana this weekend and see it with me? we can celebrate out birthdays all over again! Oh, and when you come...bring some Double Daves and Tia Marias for me too :) Thanks sister, love ya!

katiegfromtennessee said...

I have never heard of The Secret Life of Bees Little Momma-chick flick you say??:) (Smile) You had a good and packed weekend. Hanging with the friends and fam who love the Lord-can't beat that:) Ew, bad pregnancy nausea and mexican. I am feelin' for ya.

katiegfromtennessee

Anonymous said...

You have unlocked the secret to surviving motherhood and not driving your husband away in the process . . . . . go do stuff with your friends after the kiddos are in bed. It works everytime :-)

Kristen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We will have to check out Dewberry Farms. Hope to see y'all soon!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Fun weekend! Last night we ate a huge meal of mexican food, and then I went straight to bed. Terrible combo.

Jan said...

I haven't seen the movie but I loved the book. Hope you have a great week, Pregnant Girl :)

Blessings,
Jan