1) We were told that we could owe a very significant amount of money for Curtis' hospital bill. A few days ago we found out it would be a tenth of what we were expecting to pay. PRAISE GOD. Whew!
2) Curtis just had his last check up with the surgeon and was told he would not need to be seen again. Woo hoo! We were anticipating another scan to check for remnants of the appendix that might need to be removed. He was also going to have a colonoscopy (sorry, was that TMI?) to rule out some other possibilities but the doctor sees no need for that now. We're so glad to put this behind us and move on. Thank You, Lord!
3) I just got a new work computer and it's a Mac! I love it so far! It helps that my hubby's had one for years and can help me.
4) Jackson is sounding out words and we're having so much fun with that. We've been working on some of the words on the inside cover of Hop on Pop. He did the at, cat, sat, hat, bat, pat, that series a couple of days ago. It really was thrilling and I got a small taste of why homeschooling is so popular. I want to go with this while he's interested, so if any of you moms or teachers have advice for me, I'm open to it. I have no idea how to teach a kid to read! But I do remember my mom teaching me and those are sweet moments to recall.
5) We got letters from our Compassion kids this week. Our boy in Honduras, Marlon Alexander, wrote about a recent death in his family and how God had helped his family through their grief. We were amazed and so blessed to hear about his relationship with the Lord. It's been neat to see how his letters and drawings have changed as he's grown up. It really is a privilege to get to invest in a child's life, however that may be.
6) I cleaned out my closet. I was on a mission to purge it of all the post-partum clothes that, a year later, are known to me as enabling clothes. Glory to God.
7) Jackson's twice-a-week summer day camp starts next week. Amen.
8) I finally ordered new curtains for my very red living room. The existing red curtains from the previous homeowner are very nice but with my red couches they're just too much. The ones I wanted were going to be $600 (in your dreams, Ballard!) so I just said forget it and went with plain white linen ones. We'll see how it looks. I'm horrible at window treatments and pretty much everything else that has to do with decorating.
9) The sound I heard yesterday as a thunderstorm came rumbling in was not, in fact, a tornado but rather a weed eater.
10) I forgot to take my favorite tea with me to Missouri and had to use some little pansy tea bags I found at the grocery store. They tasted fine but there was no oomph! I'm celebrating being home with my PG Tips and their strong flavor and effectiveness. I heart them. I also heart my 100 Calorie Chocolate Covered Mister Salty Pretzels. Seriously. Buy those and think of me when you fall in love.
PS (because I don't want to make a #11) - I forgot to mention that my daughter slept in a very dark room while we were in Missouri and woke up AFTER 9 every day. It was amazing. Praise the Lord.
I am blessed!