Sunday, December 25, 2011

Joy to the World


We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas day. I woke up at about 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I just couldn't risk the kids getting up before I did! I wanted to see their faces when they came downstairs, so I got up and had a little quiet time and cat napped on the couch. I finally heard Jackson's door knob turn at 7:00. Then the fun began. 

Here's our tree early in the morning. We put it in a new place this year and I really liked it there. 


This is Annabeth's pile. She got a cardboard castle, a balance bike, a helmet, some princesses and a baby doll.


Here's Jackson's pile. He got a cardboard rocket ship, an art easel, a hot wheels race track, an alarm clock, a night light, and a coin bank. He had the sweetest attitude about his gifts all day long. He was an absolute joy to give to.





We went to my mom's house for lunch and had a fabulous time. My cousin Megen had made these fun little aprons for all of us, including Annabeth's baby doll.


Mom and Curtis


Me and the Sir


Me and my sweet girl.


This is my nephew pup, Winston. 


Aunt Melissa and Annabeth 


Good night, my hair was big today. It wasn't on purpose.  


For Christmas, Melissa asked for this really big book for scholarly people. I can't even pronounce the name of it. She was thrilled beyond belief. 


Mom and Dad in their elf hats


Lis and Colin 




Cousin Joe and Pappaw


Dad, Uncle Mike and Cousin Ben


Cousins Zach and Josh



Mom, Dad and Aunt Gay


We were laughing hysterically during this little photo shoot.



Annabeth fell asleep about 60 seconds after we got on the road. 


There's a lot going on all around me right now - too much to get real serious in this post. But I want you to know that Jesus is my life, my hope, my reason. He is who makes this family's life abundant. I'm so thankful that He came into this world to be God with us


22 comments:

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas sweet friend! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! It looks like you all had a precious time and your parents home looks gorgeous!

Steve~N~Angela said...

Merry Christmas- from a fellow siesta, and blog stalker :) Thought I should stop in and say "hello" on this special day. We are praying for you and your husband in your new ministry!! God is out to do big things.. LOVE THAT!!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful memories :)

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! The cardboard structures look like hours of fun!

Karen E said...

Peace to you, Amanda, in all the goings-on. Thanks for sharing your Christmas celebration -- there is joy in all things when we ask God to help us see it, even the serious stuff.

Lora said...

You are beautiful Amanda! And are those socks Winston is wearing?!

Sunni said...

I love the cardboard castle and rocket. Did you make those?

I'm glad ya'll had such a great day. Your mom's new house looks beautiful.

Marlos ACE said...

Such fun with little ones, on Christmas morn. Just an FYI Target has some pretty cool wrapping paper for like $1.25, I got some today. I saw your tweet about running out of wrapping paper, so thought this might help. Happy New Year!!

Tara said...

What a wonderful Christmas day, Amanda! Loved all the family gathered at your Mom's house, and the fun that your kids had opening presents. Your statement "he was a joy to give to" was such a testimony of the gracious young man you have raised! Gratitude is something that is so hard to teach, but when they receive joyfully it is so easy to give to them :) Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us!
I don't suppose your cousin would share that adorable apron pattern with us? Not sure I could master it, but I'd love to give it a shot. What a blessing to be able to make one for the entire fam!
Thanks again~
Susan

Fran said...

Such sweet, sweet pictures Amanda. Have a wonderful week and may God continue to do a mighty work in the Moore/Jones families.

Lots of love to you!
Fran

Skoots1moM said...

what wonderful times ya'll had...love all the pictures!
Georgia has been rainy since Christmas and today was cold winds.
Prayers for all those many things you have on 'your burners'...He knows your wants and needs, supplying all our blessings. Happy New Year...

Shellie Paparazzo said...

Those elf hats totally crack me up!!! And that last picture is absolutely priceless :)

Faith said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family (a few days late)! Will you and your husband be at Passion leading a community group this year? I would love to meet you!!

Rachel said...

I always receive a blessing from your posts! When I read your comment about Jesus being everything, it made me tear up. How wonderful to have such a blessed Savior to be our everything, and important to keep in mind at Christmas, and the whole year through.

Amber said...

Someone gave us that very large Hot Wheels racer this year! My son loves it but I'm still trying to figure out where to put it :) Also picked up that same wrapping paper for next Christmas!

Glad your family had a great Christmas.

deborah said...

Your family is so funny-love the elf hats!

The aprons are so great! Love the one for the doll-so fun!

PandaMom said...

These are precious!! Thanks for sharing such intimate family times with us!!! Darling family! ; )

katiegfromtennessee said...

Amanda, your Christmas post was good to read, amen, He is our life, hope, and reason, and can make our lives abundant.

Elizabeth said...

It was great to meet you at SDC in the MO last week. Here is a link to the book I was so tongue-tied in trying to tell you about. :) Hope you had a wonderful trip and a great visit with your family.

http://www.notafan.com/

Kim Safina said...

Amanda,

Happy New Year 2012!!!!

Honor and Majest surround Him; strength and beauty fill His sanctuary. Psalm 96:6 NLT

Looks like your sanctuary is being filled with love and precious moments.

When I saw the photos of your Christmas it brought such joy knowing that you too, have a home filled with love.

AnnaBeth and her crown reminded me of this scripture verse.

For the Lord takes delight in His people, He crowns the humble with salvation. Psalm 149:4

Thanks for letting me drop in and send you a ((( HUG)))) in this late hour. I have been dealing with health symptoms and couldn't sleep. Your Baby Bang "Joy to the World" was just what the doctor ordered!

Love and blessings, Kim

ashleyalden said...

What a sweet post! =) I love your more serious posts, but there's something so tender about the fun, pictures posts.

1 question & 1 comment, if I may... ;) Question: What was dear little Winston wearing on his feet? ;) Comment: "Good night, my hair was big today. It wasn't on purpose." ...but I bet it made your lil Texan Momma proud!

Thank you, as always for sharing!