Friday, December 02, 2011

Two Tiny Christmas Trees


I had so much to say this week and never got around to typing it out. Darn! I did, however, make very good use of my kitchen and I'm patting myself on the back for that. Pinterest is giving me a lot of motivation to cook. In fact, I've made 8 recipes I've found on there in the last month. If you're a kitchen slacker like me, you should do yourself a favor and check it out. 

My little one has been giving me a run for my money this week. Let's just say her personality has been BIG. She spent almost all of Wednesday pouting at me with her hands on her hips. Whoever taught her that better hope I don't find out about it. 

Thankfully, Miss Personality also gave us some moments to laugh about. Like when she groomed Beckham with the dustpan brush. I think she has a future as a horsewoman. 


It was pretty cold here earlier this week, which reminded me to get some warm hats and stuff for winter. We walk Jackson home from school every day and I was told by another mom that pick-up in winter is even more miserable than the first month of school when it is 112 degrees. I cannot even imagine that. 

Aber reminds me of a little flapper girl in her hat. She loves it. 


Here's Bub all decked out. 


I can't help but picture him like this. 


Here's Annabeth having one of her big personality moments. 


These are the pizza rolls I made a few nights ago. They were pretty yummy! 


This is an enchilada stack. I made an absolute mess out of it. My friend Lindsee stopped by for a minute as it was baking and I made her come in and see my potential cooking disaster. Curt walked in at that moment and invited her to stay and eat with us. Um, AWKWARD! Did Lindsee really want to stay for this? Bless her heart, she said yes. (Disclaimer: I ran out of the foil and couldn't follow certain steps of the recipe.) It tasted somewhat like a Mexican pizza from Taco Bell. I will try it again sometime.


We have Griswold-style Christmas lights adorning the house, but so far our only decorations inside are two little trees for Jackson and Annabeth. I've always wanted to do this for the kids and it was a lot of fun. Hobby Lobby has a whole aisle of tiny ornaments. Obviously, Annabeth's tree is pink. It lives in her room since there is no other pink in the house.


Jackson's tree is silver. I bought it at an interior decorator's store that was going out of business a couple months ago. The base was cracked and it was super cheap. By the way, can you tell what movie we just watched?




Jackson's tree is in the breakfast area for all to see. He was a little bitter that I didn't let him have it in his room. Here he is hugging it.



Miss Alicia was here with us. She is so fun!


The highlight of the week was seeing Hillsong Live with a bunch of friends from our church. It was a-mazing. I wish I had pictures.

Supposedly we're putting up our real Christmas tree tonight. I'll believe it when I see it.

Have a great Friday!

28 comments:

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

I want to follow you on Pinterest! I can't find you on there. I'll try by your email. :)

Shelli Littleton said...

I love this post! Okay ... I am guessing "Home Alone" ... am I close?! The scream over the spider will never leave my mind! That was the best scream ever (if I have the right movie).

Melanie said...

When I was growing up, our friends let their kids have mini Christmas trees in their rooms and I always thought that was so cool. So, now I do it for my kiddos. They still love it at 14 and 11. We're setting up Christmas decor this weekend, too. Blessings to you!

Patty said...

I finally figured out Pinterest! I don't know why it took me so long but I did see the recipe with the pizza roll and it looks good. I haven't made it yet.
Love the little trees. :) I have three up this year. I love to decorate for the holidays. I think we are decorating the outside this week. I have the Griswolds across the street from me. I don't have to turn the lights on at night, they are saving me money on my electric bill. lol

Sunni said...

My youngest has the same pink tree. It's so cute!

This Is The Day said...

What a fun idea to get them their own tree! I might have to try that next year. I can definitely see a pink tree being a big hit in my house. :)

The enchilada stack sounds yummy...I might have to try it!

Rachel

Katie said...

One of my favorite things about Christmas time as a child was the night my mom pulled out my little tree for me to decorate. So fun that your kiddos have their own trees too!

Rhonda said...

And how do the pizza rolls compare to Double Dave's? Our local one went out of business and oh how I miss them!

Unknown said...

I think Pinterest has revamped everyone's cookbook! Seriously! I was in such a rut before it came along and now i have a new recipe every night!!! My husband is in heaven!

Skoots1moM said...

they continue to be adorable...know you're enjoying His Season...
Merry Christmas!!

Rikki Kreger said...

I read this today and thought I must make that enchilada stack. Anyway, turns out I didn't have foil, either. Weird! And I have 4 kids so I couldn't simply run out. My meal looked like yours but hubby and I loved it. :)

Amanda said...

Rhonda, no pizza rolls could ever be as good as Double Daves'. But these will help as you miss them.

amybbryant said...

Hi! I have a crazy question for you. I remember in one of your mom's BIble studies she talked about having a little "prayer box?" and notebook that every one in the house had to sign every day and spend some time at the "family alter." Can you tell me more about how that worked?

Lindsee said...

Just know that I'll pretty much eat ANYTHING on Monday evenings. : ) I loved them! In fact, I am going to attempt making them asap. When that happens, I'll send you a pic.

Barbara Head said...

"Brushing the Dog" is my favorite picture. See how still that dog is while being brushed. Beckham is the hero in this picture.

Tara G. said...

Hilarious photo of A pinching Jackson's cheeks!! My 6 yr old has taken to calling our 3 yr old daughter "honey." Kids are a hoot!

Sharon said...

Aww, such sweet kiddos! Their Christmas trees are so cute!! And your food looks YUMMY! I've got to peek at "Pinterest" sometime soon; I've heard so much about it but haven't taken the time to check it out. I need inspiration to decorate for Christmas so now may be the time for it. :)

Merry Christmas!

Kirsten said...

Love those little trees! My parents always say that I gave them a lot of big personality moments as well. They always end with, "We can't wait until YOU have a daughter..." :) Blessings to you!

Dionna said...

I think you cook like me. :) I do easy and simple and yes - sometimes am very messy. Been making what we call "pizza bread" which looks an awful lot like your pizza rolls for years. Sooo yummy and fattening! HA HA

I followed you on Pinterest. I need some good easy cooking ideas.:)

Marian said...

Oooh, love Pinterest recipe boards. Everyone does all this work for me in collecting the most beautiful food...and I just click, mix and enjoy. I've been trying to start Pinterest boards for 'causes' too...like organizations that are worth giving to and supporting. I hope it catches. Love the trees. Ours is fiber optics. Go 80's.

Emmy said...

I can't believe they are so grown up... precious! :)

CJA said...

oh I love the trees! your kids are adorable! I am your newest follower, I would love a follow back, www.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com
:)

Shellie Paparazzo said...

FYI: Kids with big personalities do come with headaches and tearing your hair out moments, but they also can be the biggest blast!! Expect many more moments of laughter with that one! I have 3 with BIG personalities! That might have something to do with the two big personalities that decided to marry each other and have kids that are their parents :) We both gave our parents fits and they love watching us suffer through raising their 3 big personality grandchildren!!! But I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! As a pastor's wife I had earlier in my life while dealing with my strong-willed Angela in her preschool years, told me, "Shellie, just remember, the things that make Angela difficult are also the very things that give her the most potential." Didn't see how that was possible at the time, but now Angela is so much fun! And so unbelievably smart! She's still difficult often as well, but she's great, too! I know, it doesn't make any sense, but it works!:)

Susy said...

How fun! I am waiting for Dec 26th to buy my princess her very own tree. Maybe it will be a pre Xmas present next year...

Susy said...

What a great idea! I am waiting for Dec 26th to buy my little princesita her own tree ;)

Nan said...

I'm looking for church to go to in Houston area. Can you tell me what church you go to. I would love to stop by there. Thank you

katiegfromtennessee said...

Your pictures make me smile real big:):) This post cracks me up:) I should look at Pinterest. New recipes sounds good to me:)

MarieMc said...

hello Amanda. I love your profile how you are Jesus loving. He's my best friend. I also read how you're starting your own church. Well, just to let you know that i do fabric wall creations for churches, daycares, and baby nurseries. I hope you will follow my blog and view my creations at wallzdotalk on Etsy.com.Be Blessed!