Monday, December 19, 2011

Lots O' Pics


I have a lovely assortment of unrelated pictures to share on this Monday morning. It's been a two-cups-of-tea-morning for me. How about you?  

This is a drawing by Jackson of a "Christmas alient (alien) with jingle bells."


This is my little PK who ran around in the pouring rain after church a few weeks ago. 


On this day we redeemed Annabeth's love for the Disney princesses by having them come and worship baby Jesus. 


Christmas stickers are fun. 


This is Jackson's self-portrait. Look at those muscles. 


Last week my parents moved out of the home they've lived in since I was 5 years old. Mom found my old Rainbow Brite doll in the process. I loved her.


AB and I kept mom company on the day the movers came. There were a lot of tears, but this was just a sweet moment between the two Bethies.


Annabeth wanted to feed the birds in the back yard one last time. 



She only managed to feed a naughty bird dog. 


She tried again under another tree.


Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal came by for a snack. 


Annabeth got this little dress from my mom last year. It has a tiny cameo of Dora on the front, otherwise I don't think it's very Dora-like. AB wasn't really into frou frou dresses at that time and didn't want to wear it. Well, she has suddenly become Dora's biggest fan, so I got out this dress again. It's a little small now but she loves it so much. 

       

I attempted to roll Annabeth's hair that morning. She didn't realize what I was doing at first, but when she figured it out she made me take it all down. This is as curly as we could get it in 60 seconds.


This was my second attempt on Saturday night. We're working up to the greater hair glory. She has a lot of hair but it isn't coarse enough to hold much curl. 


You've made it to the end! Bless your heart! 




18 comments:

Jess said...

try the curlformer curlers on her hair.. its what i use on O's hair and it makes awesome curls.. :)

Missy June said...

My litte girl's hair is so fine it won't hold any curl longer than 15 minutes! Even when I tried the pink sponge rollers all night long.

Tara G. said...

My son had to draw me for his art assignment...not sure if I should be more worried about the size of my nose or that my ear was even with my eyes. AB is darling!! Moving is rough...I can only imagine the varied emotions for all of you!!

Alison said...

Awww! So cute! I used to love rainbow brite too! And one of my daughters has a head full of blond curls, and the other has straight hair like me. She loves for me to put hot rollers in it! :)

Sunni said...

My heart hurts for you all as I read about the move. My parents moved out of my childhood home a few years ago and it is such a bittersweet time.

I had Patty O'Green, Rainbow's friend. Fun memories!

Hope you have a great Christmas!

Lindsey said...

So cute!..my mom dressed me up for Halloween as rainbow bright when I was younger...I loved her too...I can't remember if I had a doll

Dionna said...

Love the sweet moment between the two "Beth's" and did you keep your rainbow brite doll -- or give it to Annabeth?

Toknowhim said...

I love the picture of the princesses all around baby Jesus :) Your daughter is getting so big...not a baby, but a little girl. Blessings Amanda... Have a Merry Christmas

happymcfamily said...

Can I get a shout-out for Rainbow Bright! Starlight (the horse) was my favorite toy for the longest time.

2 words: sponge rollers. (slightly damp hair, really strong hair spray before, during & after). Of course, this would require her to sleep in them overnight. BUT. My girl's hair doesn't have near the body as ABs, and she's 6. It is very fine and stick straight (so straight that when she gets new hair growth, it sticks out like from static electricity). But when she was barely 3 years old and a flower girl in a wedding, I got her hair to be curly using this method... it only lasted just the right amount of time that we needed it to (sigh of relief) but we are just glad it worked! Heat-applied curling does nothing.When she would get her hair trimmed at the salon and the stylist would use a curling iron, it would be straight again before we even left the building. that's how much her hair won't hold curl.

She comes by it honest... my hair wouldn't even stay in a french braid when I was her age. It just slipped right apart. At last she has it better than I did as far as braids go :-)

Antoinette Castillo aka Ant said...

The picture of your rainbow brite doll bought back nightmares to me, lol, I was always so afraid of that doll. You are my hero for having owned one :)

Angie said...

"working to the greater hair glory"--love!

My 2 yo screams like she's being tortured every time I try to curl her hair--"no hot! no hot!"--so I may have to try the sponge rollers, although I'm pretty doubtful she'll tolerate those, either.

Barbara Head said...

Such wonderful pics!! I love seeing these two kids grow up.

Greg Despres said...

Sienna and I loved looking at pictures of her friend Annabeth today!!
--Allison

His Jules said...

Thanks so much for sharin these, its so much fun to share these wonderful moments with you.

Shellie Paparazzo said...

The sight of that Rainbow Brite Doll squeezed my heart!! I loved Rainbow Brite so much! I'm still disappointed that's the one childhood toy I loved that they haven't brought back! They've brought back My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake, even Cabbage Patch Kids, but no Rainbow Brite!!!:( Did you have the little Rainbow house that also doubled as a carrying case? I'm pretty sure all my Rainbow Brite stuff is still in the case at my mom's house!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

I love your mom so much more that she found " Rainbow Brite" for you :) Ya know I dressed up as that character for Halloween as a child. Mom wrapped my legs with long balloons so they looked like RB :)
I have RB around in the attic somewhere. It is just complete special stuff.
Do you remember when Taco Bell gave out RB characters with the meals? Did that really happen, or did I dream it? :)
Anyway, Merry Christmas :)

katiegfromtennessee said...

Amanda, so much going on now with you and your family. That must have been hard for your momma and dad to move from that house after so many years living there...but if that is what the Lord has for them now, then they hold His hand and move one with Him wherever He is taking them...Blessings to you all today, Merry Christmas to you too.

CHINEZE said...

Hey Amanda tell your mom that my mom Sister Kaycee Chineze Ndukwe says hello. She says that she saw Mrs. Beth when she came to her church Immanuel Baptist Church in Highland, CA. She says to tell your mom that she loves her.