Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lots of Developments

Folks, the long-awaited first tooth has at last made an appearance. For months people have blamed any bad mood of Jackson's on teething. Every time I take him to church the workers eagerly ask me, "Has it come yet?" I can finally tell them yes!

A week and a half ago Jackson started saying da da. He probably doesn't know what it means yet. However, while we were in the airport coming home from our vacation, his daddy spoke to him on the phone for a minute. After I hung it up, Jackson started squealing and saying "Da da! Da da! Da da!" Coincidence? I don't know. Either way, it was precious!

He also sat himself up for the first time last week. The sitting thing has been an isolated incident so far. I missed it because I was horsebackriding with my dad. My mom said he dropped a toy and leaned completely over on his side to reach for it. Then he pushed himself back up to sitting and cackled with happiness and pride.

No comments: