Monday, October 16, 2006

A new frontier

We are about to arrive at a new frontier. Jackson's days as an immobile baby are numbered.



In other news, he's been saying "hmmm ma" when he's upset. But I think I heard a "ma ma" today. He probably doesn't know what it means, but it's sweet to hear nevertheless! Here's a shot of that tooth. It's barely visible to the untrained eye.




Today is boss's day. I have the most generous, God-fearing, God-loving boss known to man. She is the real deal. She's also my mother, so I can tell you that she is the same person at work, at home, on vacation, and at 5:00 in the morning. My boss strives to be Spirit-led in all things, she cares about hearts and not the bottom line, she prays for her employees, she makes sure we have great benefits and holidays, and she affirms us. She leads us with humility and strength, honesty and transparency. She doesn't take herself too seriously, she doesn't believe her own press, and she's also a lot of fun. Hilarious really. You should see her answer the phones. My boss has allowed me to work from my home for the past 2.5 years. I could not have handpicked a more wonderful job! This allowed me to live in England for 5 months where Curt and I served as youth leaders at Thornaby Baptist Church. I also get to stay at home with Jackson while staying active in LPM and helping support my family. Yeah, I know how lucky I am! I love my amazing, incredible...wait! I looked up "amazing" in a thesaurus since I use that word so much. One word it gave me was extaordinary. Yes, that's a good one. But look at all the synonyms for it! A lot of them really fit my boss:

amazing, bizarre, boss, curious, darb, exceptional, fab, fantastic, flash, gnarly, heavy, inconceivable, incredible, marvelous, odd, outstanding, particular, peculiar, phenomenal, primo, rare, remarkable, singular, some, special, strange, stupendous, surprising, terrific, tough, uncommon, unfamiliar, unheard-of, unimaginable, unique, unprecedented, unthinkable, unusual, unwonted, weird, wonderful, zero cool

Mom, I hope that gave you a good laugh today. I love you so much! Happy Boss's Day!

Moore Memorable Moments with My Boss (in no specific order):
1) Riding home from Bible study together - giving much applause to God and eating cheese crackers
2) Believing God - the whole semester
3) Working on Daniel with you
4) Being your assistant at photo shoots with Michael Carr
5) Outings to KSBJ
6) The LBY taping at the Cunningham ranch
7) The day you and I dressed as twins to work (didn't we think we were cute and so funny?) and it happened to be your surprise birthday party. That was surprising!
8) When you came to stay with me the week after Jackson was born and then you left for a couple of days to go to the Birmingham conference. The joy we had in you getting to announce that he was born.
9) Going to the White House and the symphony
10)Every time I get the privilege of answering the question, "What is it like to be her daughter?" Getting to represent you, our family, and LPM at any given moment.

(The pun in the title was your special gift for Boss's Day.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom's really are the greatest. This was a sweet tribute to her!

Janelle and Ella said...

Love Jackson's tooth!! That is such a great shot!