Saturday, October 14, 2006

Movin' on up...

...into the late twenties! Today was my 27th birthday. What really freaks me out is that I was 17 TEN YEARS AGO. The only good thing I can come up with for the age 27 is that it has the number 7 in it. It's my favorite number - the Lord's number. The number of perfection. I would really like to be perfect, but I've found that striving for perfection is the most stressful goal on earth. I've thought a lot about the amazing gifts God has given me this year and there are two that really stick out. One, Mr. Jackson Curtis. And two, my house. These are big, grown-up things.

You should know that I really love my birthday. Every year on August 14 I give my husband a two-month notice that the big day is approaching. He always does really well. This year I got gift cards to Pottery Barn and Z Gallerie. He also gave me a bouquet of flowers - from a real florist, not Kroger! Go Curtis!

I got to celebrate my birthday all week with different friends. I am so blessed to have the friends that I do. Monday afternoon we had a playdate birthday party for Sunni and me. Then that night the girls from church took me to a really nice mediterranean restaurant called Ziziki's. They have baklava ice cream cake. It's the most amazing thing in the world. On Tuesday night Curt and I celebrated with my friend Jennifer and her husband and went on a date to our favorite once-a-year-restaurant - The Melting Pot. The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant. It's perfect for a date because it takes a long time to eat and the food alone can inspire two hours of conversation. Jennifer's birthday is tomorrow. We've been celebrating our birthdays together since 9th grade! Tonight we went to church and then to Pappasito's while my parents babysat for us. It was so fun to have my parents here this weekend. Mom and I hate being apart on my birthday because, after all, that was a big day for the two of us.

My favorite gift (and I got SO many great ones) was a card from Curtis. It said "To my glamorous wife, happy birthday from your loving co-star." Just to know that me and the word "glamorous" would enter my husband's mind at the same time made my whole week.





Birthday playdate - They look so cute with their boppy pillows (which keep their sweet heads from smacking down on our wood floor if they topple over).

4 comments:

Christi said...

Happy Birthday!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful week. How special that must have been!

God is good!
Christi

Richardsons of HV said...

WHAT??? You didn't tell me we were 4 days apart (and a few years)!!! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Amanda. Happy Birthday, to you!!!
I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Happy Shopping...love the card from Curtis...way to go!!

Richardsons of HV said...

WHAT? You didn't tell me we were 4 days apart (well, and a few years)!! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Amanda! Happy Birthday to you!!!
I'm so proud of you having a "Birthday Week"...isn't that how it is supposed to be? Tell Curtis I am very proud of his "love" note. Mommies need to feel glamourous...especially when they feel like they always smell like spit up!

kari said...

hey friend! happy 27th. i agree, b-days are special days for mommies too b/c they are the ones that did the hard work on that day :) they too shall be celebrated! my friend dana always calls her mom on her (dana's) b-day and thanks her mom for birthing her :)
too bad titus wasn't born on saturday, then you could have shared another birthday with someone! well, we are excited whenever God ordains that time to come. love you and miss you. kari