Thursday, April 05, 2007

Congratulations are in order

I'd like to offer a BIG, HUGE congratulations to my dear friend Allie, who on Monday night gave birth to her beautiful twins.

Lauren Kate
10:17 pm
6 lbs. 12 oz.
18-1/2"

and

Bradley Blake
10:16 pm
6 lbs.
18"

Folks, that is 12 pounds, 12 ounces of babies! Allie, you are every woman! I know you appreciate that high compliment because you are Whitney Houston's number one fan. No longer are you called, "One who is afraid of needles." Your new name is "Fearless Mama."

I'd also like to congratulate my husband on winning the men's biggest loser contest at work. He lost 9.5 pounds by working out and eliminating McDonald's and Taco Bell from his diet. Way to go, Hubs! You're hotter than ever!

While I'm at it, I will offer my (probably not heartfelt) congratulations to Joanne, the winner of the Dyson vacuum. I'm clinging to the hope that God saw a Dyson in my future and knew I didn't need to win one.

Congratulations to my little boy for being a big walking stud this week. He's up to 10 steps. And congrats to him for making me love another person so much that sometimes I feel I might melt away.

Job well done to Bill for finally making me take him to get his rabies shot. He came to the back door today with a bloody foot. You've never seen a woman pack up a cat and head to the vest that fast in your life. I just knew he'd been mauled by a rabid squirrel and he was going to bite all of us before I could get him vaccinated. I know, shame on me for letting him outside without updated shots. The vet said he cut it on a chain link fence, so that makes me feel better.

Way to go Beckham for figuring out how to lift the gate latch today and escape the backyard.

And finally, I'm giving myself a little pat on the back for finally getting my planner! If I have plans with anyone in the next two months, please remind me so I can write it down.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Ooooh! That is a great, healthy weight for twins! How cool!

I'm with you on the Dyson...my husband was even more disappointed than I was. Last night at dinner we admitted to each other how we dreamed of pushing that awesome little vacuum around. How weird are we? Can you imagine how thrilled the winner must be? I wish she had a blog so we could hear all that enthusiasm!

Amy T said...

Wow! Congrats to all! What an awesome day of achievement! I had to get caught up reading the blogs today. My son (8) broke his arm Tuesday, so between that and work, I've been a tad busy, you know? Definitely stepping back to hands-on mommying since I now have to bathe him again (and even help him dress and undress), but congrats to him for being a trooper! (And our family probably needed down time from soccer and baseball practice - sometimes God speaks VERY loudly).

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Sounds like Bill & Beckham are ruling the neighborhood over there. I'll send Milton over right away. He could really use some shenanigans to cheer him up.

Sarah said...

You never fail to make me laugh!

And that is A LOT of baby. Bless her soul, I bet she is glad to have them out! Grayson was 8 1/2 pounds and I thought I was going to die if I had to carry him one more day. Addison's 4 1/2 pounds made me love her forever :)

Allison said...

Hey girl! Thanks about 8 mos late for the congrats...I just read it when I googled Lauren & Blake!

Love ya!