Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Dallas Blooms

Yesterday was Mommy and Me Monday at the Arboretum. It was our first time. Um, I kind of thought this was a little underground secret that only a handful of moms knew about. Yeah. Right. Jackson and I ended up waiting about 2 hours in a long line to have his picture taken with the bunny. Yes, I asked myself more than once if it was going to be worth it. As hard as it was with our babies while waiting in line, the ones who worked the hardest were the moms with two-year-olds. Bless their hearts. By the time we got up to the picture staging area, I was very nervous. What if we waited all this time and he doesn't cooperate? It's not like a private photo shoot where they will spend more than 2 minutes coaxing a smile out. But I completely underestimated my son's love of smiling at perfect strangers, especially ones holding cameras. Judging by how unspeakably precious he looked while having his picture made, I think the long wait will have been worth it. I'll know in about a week.

After the picture, we spread out our blankets and had a picnic with the rest of the playgroup. The grass was completely free of stickers or ant beds, so I had a blast chasing Jackson around in my bare feet. We were completely filthy by the time we left and I had grass stains on my knees. I suppose that is the sign of a very fun day when you're a boy mommy. There were gorgeous tulips and lilies everywhere. Jackson really did not want to have his picture taken in the flowers. He told me his outfit was precious enough; he did not need it to be enhanced by girlie flowers. He preferred trees. Manly trees.

So here you go. My little man in the trees.





20 comments:

R said...

I didn't know about Mommy and Me at the Arboretum! Thanks for the "insider" tip!

Sarah said...

I've always wanted to go see Dallas Blooms! I should've done it when I only had Caiden. Now the thought of taking an 11 month old, 2 1/2 year old and 5 year old makes me queasy.

But it might be worth it if we could get pictures as cute as yours. Maybe. :)

Paige said...

Jackson is so precious! Glad it was a fun day!

The Cupcake Lady said...

Hi Amanda - I found you via Boomama and I so enjoy reading your blog. Your boy is a dollbaby!

Blessings, Steph

Kari said...

Seriously Amanda....those pictures are incredible. That whole outfit is just precious. I so wish we lived closer. Sharing ideas is always so much fun!

PandaMom said...

He is just SO handsome!! We did this last year with our playgroup (all little girls adopted from China) and the pictures we took with just our own cameras were amazingly beautiful!! Yeah, it was pretty crowded for us, too and it wasn't even a mommy and me day. Can't wait for the bunny pics! ; )

Big Mama said...

He is such a complete doll. Honestly, those eyes are just unbelieveable.

olivia and henry said...

amanda,
jackson is SO handsome!!! he has the most beautiful eyes and smile!!!!

Eliza said...

He is just beautiful! Where did you get the shoes...I can't find anything like them anywhere!(Of course it doesn't help I live in the middle of nowhere)

McClure Family said...

What precious pictures!! Jackson could not be one bit cuter...seriously!

AKat said...

Jackson is so handsome in his little blue outfit. Precious!!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

You must always dress him in blue. Always.

Those eyes are incredible.

Kelly said...

That little outfit is precious!!!! Make him wear it as much as you can while you still can! :-)
P.S. The little boy in the outfit is precious too.

Michelle said...

I love these pictures! He is so cute in that little outfit!

boomama said...

I love him.

Kevin and Christie said...

I love Dallas Blooms! It is one of kevin and my favorite places...especially the hill! That is our favorite part...I am glad that you had fun!

cgs

The Schmidt Family said...

My nephew is so handsome. Brynne thinks he looks cute all dressed up!

Fun Fit Mom Stephanie said...

I have some of the greatest pictures of my boys at the Arboretum. I'm glad you had fun...kiss that pumpkin for me!!!
Oh, and yes...mommies of boys get dirty...A LOT!!!

life with the wisners said...

oh my goodness, i am SO IMPRESSED that you braved it.

the madness, that is.

and your sweet little boy survived, while looking insanely cute.

well done, mommy.

Steph V said...

PRECIOUS!!

The Easter bunny pictures remind me of JD's santa's picture this past year. After being that mom with a two year old in line (next to a pet store of all things) JD sat on Santa's lap ONLY to take the worst picture in santa-picture-taking history!! Not only did he look at the camera with the most bizarre bored look, his pant legs were pulled up to his knee exposing his white tube socks and his shoes were on the wrong feet!!! That part was my fault but boy did it add to the picture! Funny thing is...that might be one of my favortie pictures of all time!!!