Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Snow

It's been snowing today. Curtis, Jackson and I literally walked over to the church's Easter egg hunt in the snow. I'm so glad I never bought an Easter dress. It has hardly been cool since February and now on Easter weekend we have this! The Dallas Morning News reported that there hasn't been a spring snow in this area since April 8, 1938.

In honor of the Risen Savior and this rare April snow:

"As I looked, 'thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.'" Daniel 7:9-10

"Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice." Psalm 51:6-8

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isa. 1:18

"There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men." Matthew 28:2-4

"And among the lampstands was someone 'like a son of man,' dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: 'Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.'" Rev 1:13-18

9 comments:

kari said...

Amen! i'm thankful that i can be as white as snow because HE IS white as snow. happy Easter, friend. Thankful that the gospel makes us friends today.

AKat said...

I'll second that "Amen!" Isn't the snow strange?! It was so odd seeing big, fat flakes falling in front of a newly-green, springtime tree! One week into April and...snow???

PandaMom said...

Remember from my other comments that we live up here, too in DFW and just a couple of hours ago we were in awe at the parallel between this crazy April snow on Easter weekend and how we are washed as white as snow by Jesus' blood. Can we say Yahooo-Jah!!!!?

Big Mama said...

Can you believe this weather? My Easter pedicure is going to be hidden beneath my socks and boots tomorrow morning.

Happy Easter to y'all.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I'm further north, where snow in April isn't as abnormal as snow in Dallas. Still, it's freaky and discouraging to see the flakes fall when you're itching to hit the beach. Thanks for the reminder that even snow echoes the glory of God.

Happy Easter! The Lord is risen! Even though the snow falls.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amanda.
I told my DH that it felt more like Thanksgiving (here in Houston)! But, snow? On Easter? Wow!

Amy T said...

Great post! What a great reminder God brought us!

Karla Porter Archer said...

oh I love how you tied the falling snow in with Christ! I hadn't thought of that in light of all of the cold weather everyone has been having!

Hope you had a blessed Easter!

Blessings,
Karla

becky marshall said...

Have you heard the original last verse of "Amazing Grace" as sung by Chris Tomlin?
The earth will soon dissolve like snow, the sun forbear to shine. But God, who called me here below, will be forever mine...

thanks for weaving it together for us.