Sunday, June 24, 2007

T.G.I.M.

Friday was a big day. I was forced by Monty to return to the realm of regular doctors. It was time to face the fact that Dr. Clark, my ob/gyn, is not the person I'm supposed to call anymore. It was kind of sad. I had to see a new doctor for the first time in two years and it was weird. But thankfully The New Doc gave me a cure for Idiot Monty and I have felt great all weekend. Yay!

I'm actually glad tomorrow is Monday. This has been a crazy weekend! On Saturday morning I woke up at 6 (no, I'm not kidding you) and headed over to Sunni's for her moving sale. Don't get me started about the fact that she's moving. I might cry. She'll still be in the Metroplex, but she and Ava won't be 5 minutes away. The bright side is that her new neighborhood has a ridiculously awesome pool, so we will be visiting often.

Sunni knows that I've been wanting to have a garage sale, but I have no idea what I'm doing in that department. So she put out a couple extra tables and let me bring some things over. The night before when I was trying to price everything, knowing how little sleep I was about to get, I kind of wanted to back out. I calculated the most I could possibly make and wondered if it was worth it. There were some very entertaining moments that made up for the exhaustion and I did make a hundred bucks for my efforts. Sunni may want to share a few amusing moments from the sale, so I won't steal her thunder in the event that she does. What was just as good as a crisp $100 bill in my pocket was when my hubby said, "Way to go, babe!" This coming from a man who mocked me for bothering to sell anything that would only go for a buck. I made most of my money on the mounds of jewelry I've accumulated over the years. I might have made more if I had taken some clothes over, but giving away my clothes for free is less heart-wrenching than seeing them walk away for a couple of bucks.

After the garage sale ended at noon, we had a wedding reception and a baby shower. Sunday we went to the morning church service, to a young married class cookout at our pastor's house, and then a wedding shower. Every single thing was really fun (we are blessed with such awesome friends), but I need a serious nap. I never thought I'd say this, but thank God tomorrow's Monday!

21 comments:

Holly said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Sorry your friend is moving, but so glad she's still in the area. and for a pool...'cause it's hot there!
Have a wonderful few weeks, Amanda! I'll be at our nephew's wedding (they're going to your vacation spot for their honeymoon) and then on to Florida.
Praying for God to continue to bless ya'll,
Holly

Big Mama said...

I personally believe that when Jesus said in this world we will face many trials and tribulations, part of what he was referring to were garage sales.

You are a stronger woman than me. Glad y'all had a good weekend and hope tomorrow brings you some rest.

jennyhope said...

My mom was trying to talk me into a yard sale today...but I just can't bring myself to that kind of organization. I know what you mean about Monday...my weekend was explosive!! Going to someone besides the OB/Gyn for my issues has been weird after pregnancy...no fun!! My daughter decided to trick me by taking a nap at 9pm and getting back up an hour later. I guess she is going to finish celebrating her birthday right!! :)
jenny williams, pelham al

Anonymous said...

Okay...I am CRACKING UP! I am the same way about moving/garage sales. I DREAD and COMPLAIN about preparing for them (saying..."I wish we wouldn't have planned this!") and never want to "make time for them", but then when I see the "cha-ching" that comes from them...I tell my husband..."Man...we should just stick this stuff in the garage, pull it out every Saturday and do this every weekend!". :-)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and have to say how cute you are! Congratulations on a successful yard sale. Although it seems like so much work for so little, you are de-cluttering your house a bit, and making money all while enjoying time with a friend, right? Well, enjoy your Monday.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

don't you love those friends with great pools? I have one too - we are bff's in the summer..:)

hope you get some rest today! i'm hoping to as well...isn't monday the official ministry family day off?

lisa

Kelly @ Love Well said...

When I was in high school, my Mom (a pastor's daughter and a pastor's wife) told me her favorite day of the week was Monday, because the craziness of Sunday was over and she had a chance for a good nap with everyone back in school. Naturally, I thought she was insane! MONDAYS?!?

And now, Mondays are a bit of heaven for me too. I try to keep my schedule free of going out, I clean my house (while listening to Christian teaching via One Place) and spend time with my kids. In a small but real way, it's my Sabbath. And if something disturbs my Monday, my whole week is off.

Jackie said...

garage sales are awesome...but sometimes it IS hard to see your stuff go so cheap...it is easier to just give it away than feel the rejection when they ask for less than a dollar!! :) Glad you are feeling better. Hope Monday is all you waited for!!

Richardsons of HV said...

Did you get Monty from the resort? I've been dreaming of that resort since I first laid eyes on the pics...now I am wondering if all is not as good as it seems...hmmm?

jen said...

wow girl you were busy! Congrats on the garage sale haul, and I'm so glad you're feeling better! Yep, thank goodness Monday has come. :)

Patty said...

I dislike getting ready for yard sales and really don't like sitting around all day BUT it totally rocks to make a $100.00 and that is what I call fun money. Three of us were going to Dallas last year and we decided to have a yard sale/garage sale and I made 300.00. I was amazed!! So, I am excited for you!
As for Mondays, I teach class on Sunday mornings and a women's class on Sunday nights on top of which alot of people choose this day to come to me for counsel. Although I am not a pastor or more importantly a pastor's wife ;) I love Mondays to rest. I have cleaned my home today and washed our beach/pool towels and I am ready to jump in the pool. Enjoy your day and enjoy your time in the new pool!

debra parker said...

Yea for Mondays!

Profbaugh said...

What a whirl wind of a weekend! And just think, you haven't even begun soccer, t-ball and all those other fun things with Jackson that eat up your weekends.

I've got to hand it to you though. Your much more of a woman than me. Garage sales are hard work!! Enjoy the day off on Monday. You deserve it. Do something fun like SLEEP (tee hee) or head over to Sunni's for a swim. Gotta love a friend with a pool. (lol)

~Cheryl

Liz Ferguson said...

Happy Monday! Hope you're having a good one! :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

WORD. Thank goodness for Monday, and for Chick-fil-a too---it was fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad the doctors were helpful & maybe you and Monty will be out of touch for a while!

Reading this post reminded me that we need to have a garage sale soon! Ugh!

MamaCass said...

Girl, a hundred dollars is not bad for your first garage sale. We have had several since we got married. Glad you are feeling better and hope you have had a restful and relaxing Monday.

Jackie said...

sooo...was your Monday all you hoped it to be??? I got to go catch up with some girls I met last week at church camp..we reminisced and LAUGHED our booty's off over some YUMMY mexican food. Then I went grocery shopping with a friend...how fun..getting to spend time together doing mundane things of life...God is good!! It was a good monday. Hope yours was all you had waited for!!! Have a good Tuesday...

Anonymous said...

I just have to know. . . did the pastor fix Dr Pepper chicken? He was famous for that in H-town! Just wondering. . .
LMS

Kellie said...

amanda-
oh my ,goodness, you have so many responses! do you get overwhelmed reading them all? we simply must get together sometime this summer! I have been super busy preparing for the upcoming tour...thanks for stopping by our blog:)
Kellie

Amy T said...

Good thing you were feeling better, huh? Sounds like a busy weekend!