Monday, February 08, 2010

Ronel, V-Day Baking, Monster Jam, and the Super Bowl

The last week has been a whirlwind. Truly. If you saw the state of my home right now you'd know I'm telling the truth.

After Annabeth's party on Wednesday, we went to church. We always eat dinner up there and hang out with friends until Curtis' Bible study starts. If you're in the area and want to come, Midlink lasts from 7-8 in the Garden Room at HFBC. Curtis is teaching out of 1 John. My favorite thing about it is that the group consists of all ages. It makes me really proud of my man when I think of that. Is it okay for me to say that?

On Thursday Jackson went to school and Annabeth and I hung out at home and enjoyed having nothing to do. However, BIG HUGE THINGS were happening with Debra's family. Long story short (and I hope you already know about this because you're already following her), Ernest and Ronel made it home from Haiti (after a stop in Florida) that night! Praise the Lord! Some friends and I hopped in the car together and went to the airport for the welcome party. I made a sign out of the top of Annabeth's cake box. Ha! Getting to witness Ronel's arrival with his Hero Papa was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. When they came down the escalator into baggage claim, Ronel had a huge smile across his face. It was beautiful. Everyone cheered at first, then it got very quiet because I think everyone was emotional. Debra has a lot of pictures and some video on her blog. If you're reading this late, go back to her February 2010 archives. God has written an incredible love story for the Parker family.

On Friday we chilled at home and I spent hours working on the birthday party post. Notice I have not posted anything about Christmas and it's because it takes for-stinking-ever to do picture posts. It's just hard when I have an almost-four-year-old who wants something every 15 minutes or less and a baby-now-toddler who needs me for, well, everything. I hope that explains my recent lack of pictures. Pitiful.

On Friday night we went to this restaurant called BerryHill for dinner. I'm suddenly taken with fish tacos and they have great ones. There was a guy playing the guitar and singing, which made our little family dinner extra fun.

Saturday was crazy but a blast. My friend Missy hosted a Valentine's Baking Party at her house. I will refrain from describing it so that you will just go to her blog and see it for yourself. As I've said before, everyone needs a friend like Missy. I'm sure I've gained 5 pounds since that day.

On Saturday night we met Kristy and her family at DoubleDave's and enjoyed some pizza rolls. Jerrell and Jayk met us a little later and we all caravanned over to Reliant Arena for...drum roll please...MONSTER JAM! Somehow we ended up being late even though we had aimed to get there super early. I cannot explain how this happened but I'm sure it was my fault. We were walking in the gates when the trucks came roaring to life from outside and sped in to the arena. I hated that we missed seeing it from our seats, but that was cool, too. Annabeth came with us and she was a champ. The Sister is no sissy. She wasn't bothered by the loud noise as I expected. She got sick of her headphones and then got cranky from being tired, but I was shocked that she lasted as long as she did. Curtis told Annabeth that she fit in at Monster Jam with her mullet. Rude, rude, rude! We are trying our best to persevere through an awkward hair phase. I forgot my camera that night but it would have basically looked the same as last year. I did take this with my phone.



It was a late night and I almost couldn't get myself out of bed for church. I skipped having my tea and deeply regretted it all day, especially when I nearly went into REM sleep during the offertory prayer. We had a quick lunch with my mom, then went to home to our beds. After our naps we were ready to join the land of the living. That's when we went to Heather's house to watch the Super Bowl. She and her hubby spoiled us with fajitas from Pappasito's, some amazing desserts, and a corn dip that I will dream about for the next week. We had the world's best time.

I have a lot on my plate today. I need to pick up the house, go to the store, work, wash my hair, and plan Jackson's birthday party. And if I survive all that, I'll go to bunco tonight. Which brings me to this question: Why am I on the computer?

Happy Monday.

And happy birthday to my beautiful sister-in-law Lindsay! I love you, my dear!

29 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fun filled week!!! :)

How cute is Annabeth with her head phones, haha!!

Moose Mama said...

You're on the computer cuz you know you'd have to explain all of these doings in an even longer post, later.

Always love it when you share. It's fun to hear (and picture) you doing all those sweet family things.

Blessings for your day and week!

Melana

Jenny said...

What a fun, fun weekend! The baking party looked a-mazing. By the way, my cousin Kyle and his wife Stephanie have been going to Curtis' study on Wednesday nights and they LOVE it.

I often see you in the cafe before i go up to teach High 5.... Jackson is getting SO big!

Sunni said...

Wow! Super-mom! That bake party was out of this world. What great friends you have.

P.S. There is a great hair product that I have recently been introduced to and it's made by TIGI. It's called Rockaholic and it's dry shampoo. (It's a spray, not a powder.) I was a little sketchy at first, but it works wonders and smells like coconut. It's been wonderful on days when hair washing has to take a backseat to mommy duty.

Unknown said...

Cute, cute site!

Thanks for sharing all of your pictures.

I'm new to the blogging world and just starting out. It's fun to look at other's sites to see what they are doing.

Thanks for so many good ideas...

Blessings,
Melanie

Kelli said...

BerryHill has THE BEST fish tacos! It's one of our favorites! :)

Bobbie said...

My word, Amanda! You are one BUSY Mama! Your week was a busy one, but sounds like so much fun. I do love it when there's so much to do that it takes a couple of days to rest afterwards!

Love the headphones on Annabeth--such a cutie!

So happy that Ronel is home, what a blessing!

Erica said...

Those are some FUN memories. The baking party was over the top...gives me ideas for EASTER.
So fun!
Thanks for sharing

Colleen said...

Go ahead and be proud of your man! That is great.

Also, Cheesecake Factory has fantastic fish tacos.

Lindsee Lou said...

Thursday to Sunday were definitely some fun filled days. I still haven't attempted to blog any of it, so way to go! And seriously, that pic of Annabeth is hilarious! So glad y'all had a fabulous time!

After all our baking goodness, I'm off to step class tonight. You and Missy have me addicted.

Marla Taviano said...

Just reading everything you've been up to makes me tired. You'd better take a day of rest this week!

Unknown said...

Wheww....Im pooped for you. Enjoy these days because they fly by so fast. Now Im hungry after reading about all of that yummy food~

Anonymous said...

Hands down, the cheesecake factory has the best fish tacos. EVER. Plus they have cheesecake. Does it really get any better than that? :)

Hattie said...

Hi just found your blog! So cute!

Sounds like y'all had a blast!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Whew! I probably shouldn't have read all that after cleaning my house, because now my pregnant self is really exhausted.

I cannot believe Curtis had the gall to insult Baby Girl's hair.

Shelli Littleton said...

Amanda, thank you for letting us know about Ronel. I am so relieved for the little guy. That really tore me up.

shelli

Allyson said...

Fish tacos really are the best! If you like them from Berryhill you should try them from Amazon Grill...yum!

We heard the Monster Truck Jam as we were leaving Sesame Street Live on Saturday night...sounds like fun!

Missy said...

Such a great weekend! Girl - I've gained 5 pounds with you! Back to self-control tomorrow!!! :)

Misty M. said...

LOL! My little girl is almost two and we are also going through an awkward mullett phase! LOL. I was cutting her bangs and now her daddy wants them grown out. I do not have much experience with little girl hair, at least we are finally at a point where we can put her hair in two little ponytails and she is cute as a bug!

Leslie Lauren said...

Hi Amanda :)

It feels like it's been a while since I've posted on your blog, but I just have to tell you that the pictures of Annabeth on her pink chair in the post below this one are PRECIOUS!!!!!!!! That sweet face just cracks me up, and I cannot get over the picture of her leaning in to kiss (or be kissed) by that bear. She is such a dolly!!

You did a beautiful job on her birthday party :) I think this will finally be the year that my son gets another actual birthday party (we did a pirate-themed party when he was three and it nearly killed me LOL...he turns 8 this year, so I'd say we're a bit overdue). Thanks for the encouragement without knowing it :)

Angela said...

You are so right Amanda! Ronel's journey home is a beautiful love story! What an awesome way to put it! Glad I got to share a little part in it! ;-)
Happy week~

R said...

did you say...CORN DIP?! i had some myself on saturday night, i'd never had it before, and my my my...was it tasty! we must compare notes if you ever get a recipe.

Beth Herring said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed week and now you need some rest!

Glad that Annabeth's birthday was great and hope that Jackson's is amazing as well.

Enjoy your week!

Beth Herring

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! You've been so busy! But it all sounds fun.

Never Enough Food said...

My husband is on a fish taco kick and it all started at Berryhill :) He also went to Monster Jam with some friends and has been making loud truck noises ever since...

Heather said...

I am so glad that you had a great weekend and that we got to par-take in just a little bit of it! that pic of Annabeth is so stinkin sweet!

The Davidson Den said...

That's funny you should mention fish tacos. I just heard an advertisement on the radio this morning for a restaurant and its fish tacos. I thought, "FiSh TacOS?!! Ewww!!" Just sounds gross to me. Glad to know you like them, though, 'cause I was thinking surely nobody actually EATS them. I don't know how I've never heard of them before. Perhaps I'm just a little too far away from Texas to know about such things.

katiegfromtennessee said...

Lots going on in your weekend Little Momma! and you have two kids! Wow, the Lord enables with some grace!:)...Praise the LORD for answering prayer for Debra!!!!:)

katiegfromtennessee

Unknown said...

Love the photo of Annabeth @ Monster Jam. (how funny right before reading this I posted my blog about Monster jam!)Did you have any problems with getting her to keep them on? My baby girl will be a year old in a few weeks and she hates having the earphones on...We are going to the Monster TruckWorld Finals in March in Las Vegas :)