Friday, May 18, 2007

Breaking the Fall

On Wednesday after Gymboree, Jackson and I had lunch at Anamia's with Sunni and Ava. We had a cool front earlier in the week and our weather has been spectacular. It was so beautiful that we could not pass up sitting on the patio. Bonus: there was no one else on the patio, so the babies could be babies with little consequence. Right? We ordered a massive bowl of guacamole, made table-side. They had great iced tea. I ignored the salsa because of the guac, so I can't comment on that. We sat at a little metal table under an umbrella. Ava and Jackson split a kids meal. A tex-mex feast shared outside with a friend and two cute babies? What more could you want?

(The patio. No, that's not us.)


(The guacamole. It's huge.)


Well, you could want more room on the table. Things were a little crowded since we had to keep everything out of the babies' reach that we didn't want to tumble to the ground. Jackson began banging the table with his hands. And then. And then the container of ranch dressing that came with Sunni's taco salad, that was forced dangerously close to the edge of the table, took a tumble. Don't feel sorry for the ranch dressing container. It did not smack the concrete with great force and shatter into pieces. No, a certain beloved Coach purse caught it's fall. What is more, it was not even mine. It Sunni's beautiful khaki signature with red leather trim COACH purse. Not one of those small ones like I have either. The mothership of all gorgeous Coach bags it was. When she got it, I believe for her birthday, you should have heard all the carrying on we did. It elicited praises to God from our lips. It is fabulous in every sense of the word.

Help. Me. Lord. Our groans reached into the heavens. The Coach. The ranch was within and without. Every side sustained damage from the mayonnaise-based goop. We wiped it all off and there were some large, sad dark spots that I'm not sure have disappeared or not. Sunni was incredibly gracious about the whole thing. She never for a moment let me blame Jackson, and therefore myself. But still, in my heart I know. Thankfully we were only a mile away from a Coach store and professional cleaning supplies were easily accessible. The purse practically had an ambulance ride to the Coach E.R. It was a good thing because in a couple hours, all that mayo was gonna be lethal.

18 comments:

Holly said...

I groaned aloud throughout the end of your story...I have never owned a Coach purse, but I feel for you all. So sorry :(

The guac sounds delicious!
Have a great weekend, Sister!
Love in Him,
holly

kittyhox said...

Oh, I was mourning that Coach bag, but thank heavens professional help was available.

My one year old is and absolutely genius at getting into that which should not gotten into. He is just faster than his poor mama sometimes. And now he's CLIMBING. Arg!

Lord, help us.

Shelly said...

"The purse practically had an ambulance ride to the Coach E.R." I'm still laughing over that one.

And I say 'right on' for a bigger table too girl, regardless of a babies reach :)

FitzandMolly said...

that hurts my heart.

Big Mama said...

I'm having a moment of silence for the Coach purse. I pray that the professional assistance was able to rid it of the evil ranch dressing.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost sure that a blessing from God is not a 'saved' COACH handbag. Sad, really.

debra parker said...

Lunch with you two and guacamole would be the most fun ever...

boomama said...

Oh my word I could weep at the sight of that guacamole.

And I'm just thankful you didn't need the jaws of life to get the Coach bag out of the Ranch. And praying that Sunni was able to cast out the mayonnaise stains.

jen said...

You know, I'm almost sure they seat women with children at smaller tables so they can be entertained. I'm sorry for the bag, ooooch... :(

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Now that is cringe-worthy....I hope for your sweet self her bag came clean! And if it didn't, I know she still loves ya! :)

And oh my heck..that guacamole? I am drooling...

Have a better! weekend!

Lisa

McClure Family said...

so very sad. i hope full healing comes to the purse :)

Angela Baylis said...

I agree with Big Mama! (... a moment of silence!) The Guac does look amazing and I want a taste of it right now!!! One day you will laugh about this!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
-Angie

MamaCass said...

And the messes continue to get worse. Believe me I know. I get so nervous when Tobey is around anything expensive, fragile, or delicate. Just think, it could have been ketchup =)

Rita Loca said...

The guacamole looks delish!

Paige said...

That was so hard to read. In my mind, I could see the bottle falling and landing...ok I can't even say it. My Coach bag maybe smaller than say a mothership, but it is so wonderful. The smell. The look. I must stop or I will need therapy to deal with such a tragedy.

Thankfully you had guacamole as some sort of consolation for the whole experience.

Miss Mommy said...

Thanks for your anniversary wishes and sympathy! However, as I read these posts, I am ready to throw down all those fellow Texans who are drooling over your guac! Try living in Iowa, where they charge extra for chips and salsa...a tragedy almost (almost) worse than a Ranch-dressed handbag...

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

It WAS most definately 100% NOT Jackson's fault! And...crisis averted...the Coach brand fabric cleaner was heaven-sent.

Anonymous said...

I bet your friend will leave the Coach for dates with her hubby and find a cheap diaper bag from Target eventually... at least that was what I did.