Bee at Will Blog for Shoes tagged me for a dining out meme. Her blog is adorable, so you'll want to check it out. Y'all know that I love food so this won't be a hard one to do.
Alrighty then. I live in the great state of Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Living in the middle of two cities has its advantages, like our huge selection of public libraries. Yeah right. Like our HUGE selection of every kind of restaurant imaginable! Yipee! Wait, suddenly the pressure to choose my TOP 5 is overwhelming me. Should they be restaurants that you can only find here? I don't know! That changes things!
1) Ziziki's - A Greek restaurant in the Knox-Henderson area. What I like to get (split with my friend Jennifer) is Ziziki bread, chicken and mushroom fettuccine, and the crowning glory...baklava ice cream cake. You cannot imagine how good it is.
2) Pappasito's Cantina- We went there tonight, in fact! This is a no-brainer for many Texans. They have amazing fajitas. And the salsa comes to you warm. I could drink it. This is where we had our rehearsal dinner. There is no need for dessert here because there is never any room!
3) Main Street Bread Baking Company - This is a little French place in Grapevine where Mel and I like to meet for brunch. I always get the breakfast croissant and then we share some strawberries.
4) Eatzi's - This place is a European-style market and bakery. When you walk in you have to pass the bread baking and the smell is unbelievable. I pick up the cucumber dill spread and some little toasts before heading into the sandwich line. That's where they craft a wonderful turkey and provolone sandwich on pan au lait with sundried tomato spread, onions, lettuce, and pickles. Thank You, Lord. If Curt lets us go there it is a big treat. There used to be one in Houston but it has closed down. There's only one left and it's in Dallas!
5) The Grand Lux - A sister restaurant to the Cheesecake Factory. Cheesecake Factory was my good friend until they did away with my Asian vegetable stir-fry with chicken. However, I do still dream of their tiramisu. I love the look and the atmosphere of Grand Lux, although it's not toddler friendly and I hardly ever go. They have great appetizers and I really love the crispy caramel chicken. For dessert? The beignets are ridiculously good.
Comment if you're doing your own! Sunni, I know you have some good ones for us.