Monday, November 03, 2008

He Loved Himself

*I just put these on the other blog and I'm copying it here. I'll add in some additional commentary in italics for my Baby Bangs readers.


These are not the best pictures, but I thought I'd share some from our church's annual Fall Festival. Jackson wore a Batman costume and HE LOVED HIMSELF. He really had no idea what he was, but he was completely energized by his built-in muscles, cape, and mask.

Right before the fun began. Pretending those clouds are bats in the sky adds a dramatic effect.


Batman flexing his bat muscles. The reason these pics are so delayed is I couldn't figure out how to blur out that license plate number. But Mommy's brain works real spiffy-like when the little one is napping. Thank you Photoshop.


One of the highlights of Batman's night was a baby pool filled with balls. He worked himself into a frenzy. Look at his red face. The other kids in the ball pool fled quickly.


As I ironed my son's costume that evening, I realized I should have dressed as Alfred. But that would have been quite a stretch for Pregnant Girl. Yes, I probably do like to iron more than the average person, but the costume had been crumpled up in a box and was super wrinkly.


Upon seeing the two firetrucks, one with a giant ladder reaching into the sky, I asked Jackson if this was the happiest day of his life. He said yes. My son lives to see fire trucks.


My, how things change! Look at my child's face. Sheer terror. Someone blasted the other fire truck's horn when we were standing right by it. It was L-O-U-D. Bless his heart.


Don't tell Jackson that the Batmobile isn't an inflatable red car. I was so proud of the Mister for keeping his mask on, even if he did have to push it up a bit.


Batman's smooth exit from the Batmobile. I'm sure all the ballerinas were swooning.


What can Batman conquer next? I like the shadow of his profile here.



Here are some pics from Fall Festivals Past, AKA "the years when mommy got to dress Jackson however she wanted." We are currently in the superhero-for-boys/Disney- princess-for-girls years of toddlerhood.

The first year Jackson was a frog. I was a princess. Little girls apparently don't outgrow the princess thing.


Last year Jackson was a golfer. I could have eaten him up with a spoon. Except he was terrible - just absolutely rotten - that night. And that led me to have VERY LOW expectations for this year. But we had lots of fun! Yeah!


Next year I'll have another little one to dress! To start obsessing over in July!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Low expectations . . . . you're on to something. I have a very dear friend who is a mother of 8. When I was in the toddler boy, newborn girl years I asked her how she survived. She said, "I lowered my standards." We both laughed hysterically, but she was serious. It helped me a lot.

Your pictures are great!! Batman rulz!

Holly said...

You know what I love most about Jackson? The boy loves life! He has a lot of favorite days, I'm thinking. I can identify with that.

But ironing? Really? I hope you'll still be my friend, when I say we bought a new iron two years after moving here, because we could not find the old one. Two years without ironing...I know. Wrinkle-free clothing is my friend :)

Have a wonderful week, Amanda. Praying for that family of yours.

Ashley McWhorter said...

Don't worry, Amanda, we iron EVERYTHING in this house, as well. :) My friends think I am nuts. :)

3girlsmom said...

Ok, I read this on the other blog first. My first reaction was HOW CUTE IS HE!!!!!
My second reaction was You IRON Halloween costumes? Thanks for the clarification on this blog. I still think you're a little weird.
Third - yes, start obsessing about a Halloween costume for the new princess immediately. My oldest isn't picky about her costume, as long as make-up is involved. This year, she was a vet. With make-up. And she was thrilled.
Glad you had a fun Halloween!

Robyn

Grace said...

Oh, Amanda he is so cute! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up? :o/

I'm not quite the ironer (is that a word) that you are, however when we got Grace's costume it reaked as in smelled horrible. I called the company and complained and they graciously sent me another one. When I got it...same thing. So I had to wash it before she wore it. It was so totally weird. However, she looked great and loved the costume.

Patty said...

I love the clouds/bats thing. heehee

I know I commented on the other blog but Jackson makes a cute batman.

I am with Holly, You can tell Jackson loves life. I cannot believe how much he has grown!!

I bet you already have ideas of how to dress your princess next year. :)

Shelly said...

My word...he's adorable. Flat out adorable!

Fran said...

Being the sucker that I am for darlin little boys....he is PRECIOUS! yep. A precious batman!

jennyhope said...

girl you make me sick you look so good pregnant!! I would be a beached whale at this point in the game!! He is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute. He seems really spunky like my oldest. We used to have to keep him away from those styrofoam peanut things because he would break them to little pieces is this total frenzy. He would get all red faced like Jackson is in that picture.

McClure Family said...

amanda~he looks precious! i'm so glad that yall had fun!

Colored With Memories said...

oh i remember the golfer of the past...i had just started reading your blog then. wow, how he has changed in a year.

we've been doing princess for too long now...i'm ready for the next phase, but i'm not sure what it is. if it is bratz and the like, i'm sure i'll be crying to come back!

petrii said...

Oh I remember those sweet days ~~ dressing the child in those sweet costumes. When my kiddo was two he wanted to be corn on the cob (not even kidding). So I sewed my fingers silly sewing on yellow cotton balls to a green onesy after going several places to find yellow cotton balls, only to have them fall off every time he'd go up to a door ~~ oh yes we had a trail. Okay is this the longest comment ever ~~ sorry!! You brought back some sweet memories for this mamma whose baby is 16.

Your little Jackson is soooooooo sweet in his Batman costume and LOVED the frog and the golfer ~~ oh my stars!!!

Blessings to you, Dawn

Becca said...

So adorable! The muscles and the mask make the outfit!

Amber said...

ahh...i love your little batman! we missed yall at fall-a-palooza it just wasnt the same with out yall down stairs!

katiegfromtennessee said...

I love these pics, Little Momma, you have me smiling again:) It's the progression of Jackson in cute Halloween garb:) I'm with you, I'd wear the princess cosutme; are ya kiddin???:) Sounds like a good idea to me:)

katiegfromtennessee

MamaCass said...

I love that profile picture too. Very cool. Jackson makes an adorable batman!

FitzandMolly said...

sorry, but i laughed so hard at the picture of him in front of the fire truck & the look of terror!

Kelli said...

He is too handsome as batman!!

Kiki said...

I love the golfer outfit.

Your pics are way better than mine and you guys found more stuff! We just waited in long lines.

Erin Ward said...

The picture of Batman flexing his muscles might be the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Lindsee Lou said...

Batman is stinkin' adorable. Oh my gosh! Love it!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I'm DYING! His fake muscles are the cutest thing I've ever seen! If I would have been with y'all, I would have made him flex for us.

Tara G. said...

A thought to file away for future consideration- a few years ago I cashed in on all the after-Halloween sales for my daughter's Christmas gift: a trunk from Hobby Lobby filled with dress-up clothes and a hat box with all appropriate accessories- hours of fun! I love little girls!!