Saturday, January 20, 2007

Is that the cheese?

Today Jackson and I went to Buca di Beppo in Dallas for a reunion with some of the folks who were a part of Breakaway's Discipleship Team when I was in college. It was so wonderful to see their faces and introduce them to my little boy. I was quite a spectacle as I pulled one thing after another out of my bag to entertain him. They oohed and awed over it like it was like a magical bag of tricks. Well, apparently it isn't really so magical because as I was packing up my diaper bag-slash-enormous purse, I smelled something that was deesgusting. Like cat pee. Seriously? Why does my purse smell like cat pee? Bill!?!?! Then I thought it might be the container of cheese crumbles I packed. So I sniff the cheese. And it is rather pungent. And then later I realize the smell is WAY too strong to be the cheese. So a few minutes ago Curt took the little umbrella that I had in my magical bag with him to church. And we realized then that it was the umbrella...that I left outside on the front porch for a while yesterday. That must have been marked by one of the neighborhood idiot-cats! Blast!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I hate to say it, but that totally made me laugh! I hope you can laugh about it too, now. "those idiot cats"...

Christi