Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Radioactive Diapers

In case anyone has forgotten that this is a "mommy blog," I will do you a favor and shock you back into reality. My son's poop has achieved new levels of stinkiness and frequency. I don't know what has happened! For several months he has been a once, maybe twice-a-day pooper. If you have a tiny infant, you're wondering how that is possible. And I could predict with 90% accuracy when it was going to happen. But, help me Lord, it seems like every time I pick up Jackson I smell the stink. Yesterday he had to have two baths because he was so smelly. And after he went to bed I could smell, but not find, the poo on my person. Don't worry, I know how glamorous my life is. My mom said she experienced the same phenomenon last night, well after we were gone. There are a few factors that might be coming into play here: the cold, the cold medicine, and the fact that my dad was feeding him fig newtons last weekend. Are figs so powerful that they could turbo-charge his BMs for days?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, maybe he's just a guy! Been there myself. Hang in there. Sharon

AKat said...

I laughed aloud as I read this. Hopefully this'll just be a poopy-phase he'll grow out of soon. Don't try the recipe I just posted.

Amanda said...

Maybe it IS just his gender. He's becoming a little man! Anna, I will steer clear of the bran.

Steph V said...

as soon as you think you've got the poop figured out...it changes things up on you! Just wait until it becomes colorful - we have personally experienced EVERY shade of green.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Ava's poop has been CRAZY this week too! It smells awful, and it's everywhere. This morning, I picked her up and put her on her changing table, not noticing that there was poop all over me and all up her back (on her new westie pjs from target.) Then I realized it was all over her bumper, sheets, blankets, etc. Needless to say, I really wanted to just fold the whole room up and shove it in the washer. But I'm on my second load of poopie linens. Good morning, Sunni!!!

Kevin and Christie said...

Hilarious...thanks for the warning...I think that would be tough...I can't even handle my little puppies poop...I think I am going to have to pray for new a new sense of smell that will keep me from gagging...hehehe...

Amanda said...

Christie, don't worry, I have never changed a diaper that was as gross as dog poop.

Janelle and Ella said...

Maybe it's an 11th month poop phase because Ella has been pooping almost like a newborn again. I don't get it.