Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shear Handsomeness

I woke up this morning to a very stuffy, very snotty baby. It's been a rather long day. It's 6:03 and I'm ready to put Jackson and myself to bed. Since he obviously has a cold, I had to cancel a class at Gymboree that was scheduled for the morning. But we went ahead with the hair cut. I gave Jackson a bath late in the day and I savored the sweetness of all that hair. It's really curly when it's wet and fun to play with. I dried him off and took some pictures while it was still wet. Curt came home and we all drove to a small salon in an old house in our neighborhood. Jackson sat in Curt's lap while the hairdresser cut his hair and I took pictures. Her son Baxter had the job of distracting Jacks and getting him to look down. I could tell he's done it many times before. She put some of his hair in a little keepsake sack for me. I have to say that he looks very handsome. We made it without any tears - his or mine.

I just got my "My Baby This Week" email from BabyCenter.com. I thought this was amusing:

Not every child adopts a "lovey." But if yours does, respect it and encourage it as the beloved new family member that it is — or is likely to become.

(Note: BabyCenter says a lovey is a "transitional object," or a "mother subsitute" which becomes a child's source of peace and comfort when he or she can't get to mommy. Wow, that's a deep definition.)

RESPECT THE LOVEY, PEOPLE.

Before Pics








During Pics








After Pics



11 comments:

McClure Family said...

He is so very handsome! I am so glad that the haircut was uneventful!! yes, definitely have to give respect to the lovey. We don't go anywhere without ours!

Kevin and Christie said...

He is the cutest! These pictures are great...my Mom still has pictures of my first haircut...and unfortunately I think the haircut was about the same?!?! hehe...just kidding...I cried in my pictures, but not Jackson...he is a trooper!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute...He really does look handsome! I love the picture where he is staring at those scissors, his face is priceless! You are one lucky mommy!

Michelle said...

keegan has a little blue lamb that we have named "respectfully" his lovey. when he sleeps, he puts the lamb on his head. so cute. i am in the process of finding another one just in case we happen to lose it!
jackson looked like he enjoyed his haircut...what a pro!

AKat said...

The 7th picture is hilarious! Look at that face of skepticism. Ha! Very cute entry, and I love the title.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Dear Jackson,
Your hair looks absolutely lovely! So shiny & perfectly shaped!
Love,
Ava

Anonymous said...

I think I used to get my hair cut there. Is it on 6th like right across and down a little from Hastings?

Steph V said...

what a big boy!! I hope you know that this is only the first of many haircuts, especially if he inherited the "Texas Hair" from Aunt Lizby! JD's one his 6th haircut!!

Oh, and we do respect the loveys!! I just wish JD didn't have so many!! We get out of bed every morning with the following: bear, blanket, mickey mouse, mickey mouse blanket, and a blue blanket. When I get JD out of his crib, I also have to hold all 5 of the above!! Luckily, we only have to take bear and blanket to MDO!

Christi said...

You are so brave. I refuse to have Lucas' hair cut right now...but I am seeing a mullet in the near future. How sad...

Anonymous said...

He looks very handsome sister! A little advice for future haircuts, never take your four year old to Walmart to get his "hair done" (as Hunter calls it)...granted it's cheap, but his new do looks like he did it himself...def stick to the cute little salons in your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

Moriah's lovey is any one of the dozen or so cloth diapers we have in the house. There is nothing that cannot be solved with a good thumb-sucking and the "raggy." We give it our highest respect. God, the raggy, then family.