Friday, March 02, 2007

Perfect Day

We had the best day. Jacks and I went to his Gymboree class this morning and had a blast. I think you could say he's one of the class clowns. He seems to enjoy entertaining the adults around him and pretending to be the reason they all came.

Then I went to see one of our college students in DBU's production of Beauty and the Beast. Get this...she was Belle. Is that not every girl's dream? I have seen this musical on Broadway and at the Wortham in Houston and neither of those Belles (one was Toni Braxton) had anything on her. Maranda, you were amazing! I cried when you came out in the gold dress! Rachael was my date for the musical. I had originally thought Curtis would go with me and I would ask Rachael to stay with Jackson. But then I realized Rachael and I would have a lot more fun watching it together! Rachael cried with me during "Be Our Guest" (amazing), whereas Curtis would have pointed and laughed. Much like he did during Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron.

Tonight we went out to dinner. Thank You, Lord, for giving us a clue that if you go early the restaurants are full of families rather than couples on dates. It was much more relaxing that way. And here's the highlight of the day. Are you ready? Curt said, "Let's find a Starbucks. I'm not done talking to you yet." When you have a twelve month old you are not really part of the Friday night coffee house crowd, so we found a drive-through. But there was much talking all the way there and back.

6 comments:

debra parker said...

I laughed when I read about your drive-thru Starbucks. After our date tonight we hit the drive-thru...I even posted a picture of it.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Being Belle IS every girl's dream. Word about going to restaurants early.

Big Mama said...

One of the saddest things in my life is the fact that we don't have a drive-thru Starbucks within a 10 mile radius. It's a travesty of coffee drinking justice.

I'm glad y'all had a great time!

boomama said...

Here's a tip to any husband in America: if you say the words "I'm not done talking to you yet" in a warm, compassionate tone, odds are that you have spoken music into your wife's ears.

I'm just sayin'.

And D. and I often laugh about hitting the "early bird special" - especially at a place like Outback which is always swamped by 6:30 or so. Going to supper early is the magic ticket if you have a family.

Anonymous said...

Amanda I loved being your date to the play...( I would have loved to have watched Jackson if you had desided to go with Curt ) But I am happy I got to go with you. I as well teared up when she walked out in the yellow dress..
B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I love that he wasn't done talking to you yet. That is awesome...