Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Truth About the Template

Alright folks, while I wish I had the mad graphic design skills and web wizardry that is needed to achieve having a template like this, I do not. But Lindsay at Splat Designs DOES and you, too, can have a cool template. Go to her site and you can see her work. She designs your template and puts it on the blog for you. All you have to do is give her an idea of what you want. Doesn't that sound great? I think it's so worth it.

Jackson and I are heading down to Houston tomorrow and then we will be going to San Francisco with my mom and our friend Amy. I can't wait! Pray for me because I am very afraid of earthquakes and I want to take my thoughts captive and enjoy the trip. I do not want to worry that we will be in San Fransisco when the Big One happens and the whole island sinks into the ocean, or whatever they say is going to happen. I've watched way too many documentaries in my lifetime.

Tomorrow is going to be really fun because we are stopping by Allie's house in College Station on the way home. Not only will I get to see my dear friend and the babies' nurseries and all that fun stuff, but I may also get to have a Derailment from Coffee Station. Whoop! I think it will be Jackson's first time to see where he will go to college. Hey Keegan, you're going to need a roommate, right?

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Amanada- I found your blog on the Splatter painted site. What a super fun blog you have, and a great sense of humor about motherhood! I love your title. I too had/still have baby bangs from the birth of my three kids. I feel as though my baby bangs will stay with me forever. I think once they reach a certain length they fall out and start all over again. Ugghh. If you've got em, flaunt em!

FitzandMolly said...

I know you won't be here much during this visit, but when you come again sometime, I would lerve to get together with you!

boomama said...

Y'all have a safe trip - and I really will pray for your peace of mind.

Always good to indoctrinate those young'uns early...we have to work extra hard here in Alabama / Auburn country to steer A. onto the narrow Bulldog path. But he's learning... :-)

Vernon & Amber said...

amanda, have so much fun in Houston, College Station and San Fransico! I am so glad your parents made it back safe and that you finally get to hug their necks! Enjoy Houston, eat some fuzzy's or Tia Maria's for me! So i was looking on line to see if Tre 9 would be having a show while you were there...and i came across his MYSPACE! HAHAHA! you have to check it out! his myspace name is tre_9....amazing.
I love that you are taking Jackson to his future school, but i was hopeing he and titus could be roomates at SBU! HAHA! love you girl!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Amber, thanks for the heads up about Tre 9! You know, it's very possible that Jackson will take after his dad and do the tour of universities. So maybe he and Titus WILL get to be roommates at SBU.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Have fun on your travels, Amanda.
If it's any comfort, my parents and sister have lived in the Bay Area for the last five years, and they've never felt more than a tremor. And I lived in California for nine years and only experienced one earthquake -- and even that was just a single jolt to our house. (But the water in our swimming pool was sloshing. That was cool.) I bet you'll be FINE! If you need food recommendations, I'd be happy to oblige. (Since traveling is almost always about eating, right?!?)

Michelle said...

Jackson...Keegan is really excited about the thought of being roomies! WHOOP!!

debra parker said...

I will be praying for you. Have fun with all your traveling.

Michelle said...

Girl! I lived in CA for a while and we actually had an earth quake the night I was learning to shave! Needless to say I got a bit freaked out and refused to attempt again for a couple of days... so I walked around with part of my leg hairy and the other part shaved... it was pretty funny!

AKat said...

Oh, wow. A Derailment!! The graphic at the top of your site, with the mom and little boy, is so cute. I've contacted Splat, too, so hopefully changes will be in order soon! :)