Liz and I are teaming up to help bring encouragement to a very special family that you may remember me mentioning several months ago. Back in October, I told you about a friend of ours, Kristi Walker, who had just given birth to her third child and was subsequently diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer with metastasis in the liver, spine and pelvis. Kristi is only 30 years old. You can read my original post about her here.
We want to send Chuck and Kristi Walker a Blessing Book - full of prayers and words of encouragement from all over the country.
Will you take a few minutes today, whether you know this family or not, and write a note to them letting them know you care, you are praying for Kristi's healing, for each of the boys (Cade (4), Mason(2), and Zane(3 mos.)), and her husband Chuck? Chuck is attempting to care for the kids and for her as she has been in and out of the hospital. Pray for strength, energy and peace for him.
Chuck has said time and time again that words of encouragement from friends and family have really helped boost Kristi's morale.
We would love for you to write the letter (or type it) on a standard size sheet of 8x11 paper (plain or decorated). Then mail the letter (unfolded and in a flat envelope if possible) to the following address.
Living Proof - ATTN: AMANDA JONES
12131 Malcomson Road
Houston, Texas 77070
**Please mail it no later than Friday, January 16th.
Liz will gather all the notes that come in the mail and will bind them in a beautiful binder for Kristi and Chuck to keep and read any time she needs hope and encouragement. We will ship it to them sometime next week.
Here is the rundown of what is going on with Kristi and how to pray:
Chuck and Kristi Walker are the proud parents of 3 young boys, Cade, Mason, and Zane. During Kristi's third trimester of pregnancy with Zane she started experiencing extreme back and hip pain, requiring her to be put on bedrest. On Friday, October 17th, Kristi was admitted for an emergency C-section due to what was believed to be 'Hellp Syndrome'.
Kristi was transported to another hospital following the birth, and after several days of extensive testing, the doctors diagnosed Kristi with Stage IV breast cancer with metastasis in the liver, spine and pelvis.
Chuck and Kristi are believers in the Truth of the Bible and in salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. They believe in the power of prayer and that this is truly the greatest help to them.
- for healing for Kristi – both from the cancer (effectiveness of the chemo) and recovery from delivery procedure
- for recovery from headaches due to the spinal tap
- for strength and comfort for Kristi
- for endurance through chemo treatment procedures / meds – for minimal side effects.
- for wisdom for the doctors
- for energy for both Kristi and Chuck
- for comfort / energy for parents with the kids / baby
- for wisdom in what / how to communicate to the kids more about Mommy's sickness.
- for contentment for the kids
- for healthy / smooth development of baby Zane
- to be able to have joy and time to savor the miracle of Zane, a precious new life from God
- for encouragement for Chuck and not to become overwhelmed
- for faith to know our God is the Great Physician, the Maker and Sustainer of Life
- for grace to find peace in resting in God’s sovereign will
- for finances
-The most current update I have is that the cancer counts in the blood have gone way down, which is a huge praise because it means the cancer cells are reacting to the chemo. At the same time, Kristi is back in the hospital battling an infection and low platelets this week.
Thanks so much for caring and praying for the Walker family!
Chuck and Kristi
Kristi with Cade and Mason
Chuck and the boys with new haircuts to match Mommy's
All three boys at Christmastime