Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Someone with the initials Christine M. has a birthday today. Happy birthday, my dear friend! I'm so glad you were born! Here are some things I love about you:

- The officer strut, especially the thought of you doing it down the aisle during my wedding rehearsal.
- The beauty that you create all around you, from your perfectly applied eye makeup to the ledge above your dining table with all the cool decorations on it. And the red paisley bed spread you made that lots of us copied. Check out my sheets.
- The fact that you made a onesie for Super Chicken at Middle School Camp a long time ago.
- Your listening skillz.
- Your willingness to be an open book.
- Your wisdom and the fact that you always have something encouraging to say.
- Your perseverance through difficult seasons.
- That the deepest dreams of your heart are very daring.
- That crazy sense of humor that makes you one of my favorite people to laugh with.
- You came into my life at a time when I needed a friend who understood grace.

May the Lord pour out His favor on you this next year and may He make you fruitful in every single way. You have blessed my life more than you'll ever know. I love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moone!...And that blog blessed my life more than you'll ever know! Thank you so much, sweet friend. I sure love you and this completely made my day! I miss you dearly! Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Fitine or C.M. or Christine Mangrum....

AbbyLane said...

ah! you are the sweetest friend!

Michelle said...

You described her perfectly! That was very special!

Amy T said...

Good friends are a blessing. Very sweet post.

Lauren said...

Christine, if you read this, happy birthday from me, too! Have not seen you or your man in forever.
~Lauren (Williams) Benesh

Unknown said...

As a big sister, I know that you'd agree - I love anyone who loves on my sister that much! Thanks for being such a sweet friend to her. --and for a cool note on her Birthday (but next year could you not post it on the www - you're so stinkin creative - I only called her - you're making the big sister look bad)

FitzandMolly said...

i LERVE that fitine. LERVE HER.

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.