Thursday, November 05, 2009

Help Find Joe Houston

A blog has been set up for anyone who would like to pray for Joe Houston and/or help with the search efforts. Teams of volunteers are urgently searching for him on San Jose and Matagorda Islands. Friends are driving down there from all over the place. Last week I looked up how long someone can survive without water. According to what I read, at the lower temps we've been having, it's still possible that he could be alive. Plus, servicemen and women have special training to survive in conditions that a normal person couldn't. We are all praying so hard that he will be found alive today. Here's the blog:

findjoehouston.blogspot.com

Thanks for praying!

8 comments:

Bobbie said...

Thank you Amanda for posting this. We're praying for Jenn and Joe's families and that he will be found soon. Also for the safety of all those who are assisting in the search.

Marla Taviano said...

Oh wow, Amanda. Praying with you!!

Kristen said...

I am praying.

teri-free2bme said...

My husband is a Navy Flight Instructor here at NAS Corpus so this mishap hits close to home. Every one's prayers mean so much to the families of these brave men. Our hearts go out to the 2 Navy Pilots involved as well as to their families and all the volunteers helping in the search and recovery efforts for Joe. Lt. Houston has been trained to endure the toughest of conditions through his training as a Naval Officer. I hold onto hope he will be found alive. Prayer is powerful... thanks for sharing this post!

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

Praying...

Heather said...

Amanda I am praying for your friends. I can't imagine what the family is growing through. Lifting them up now......

annalee said...

praying, praying.

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

For some reason, I haven't been able to get this off my mind since you posted it. I'm praying, praying, praying.