Sunday, March 15, 2009

Trying to Catch Up

I will now attempt to catch you up on the last week of Jones family happenings. Two big things happened this week. One, we had company. And two, we really started to get out of the house with Annabeth. (Although I'm still keeping her covered up since she hasn't had her shots yet.) She slept through every single one of our outings.

Monday:
As you know, I made my big return to step aerobics with my friend Missy. We both survived, although poor Missy had a morning sickness attack during class and had to excuse herself. Bless her heart! And then she came back and kept stepping! She's every woman! I took it easy since it was quickly apparent that I did not have enough support for the girls. Also, we had a substitute teacher who played the most uninspiring music of all time. I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow and having the regular Monday teacher who is AWESOME.

That night my college friend Michelle came in town and we got to have dinner and hang out. She ended up staying with us for two nights, which was super fun. She got to witness Annabeth's elephant noises in person and quickly claimed her as the Republican party's newest Pink Elephant. (Michelle is fresh from DC after having worked for the Bush administration since graduation.)

Tuesday:
I bought a new sling for Annabeth and a new Bravado nursing bra at a crunchy little boutique close to our house. I hate the sling. I can't figure it out and it's too poofy. But I love the nursing bra. This is my third Bravado bra to buy this time around and I'm so mad at myself that I didn't get these before! They're really great.

That night, Annabeth and I snuck into the last night of Bible study so that my mom could introduce her on camera. Annabeth was in her cute little feathery pink outfit with her "Future Heiress" socks from Aunt Lindsay. She was painfully cute, if I do say so myself!

Wednesday:
Curt's mom and Dad arrived to spend the rest of the week with us. Yeah!

Thursday:
A rainy cold front blew through Houston and since it was supposed to last through the weekend, we went ahead with our plans to go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Big mistake. The weather was miserable! It was so disappointing! I ruined my black flats and had to throw them away the next day. Serves me right for not wearing my boots. But at least I got my annual rodeo meal, which is a BBQ chicken breast sandwich and potato salad from the Goode Company stand. Yum! (You can only get it at the rodeo, not at the restaurant.) The best part was seeing Jackson do the pony ride. The next best part was stopping at Doodles baby boutique on the way home and buying some new bows for Annabeth.

That evening I attempted another step class. This time I was properly bound and had a much better workout. The teacher was great and there were at least 5 JT songs on the mixed tape. You can't go wrong there.

Friday:
The weather was awful again. We enjoyed breakfast at La Madeleine and then went shopping at Memorial City Mall. I found some jeans that fit and a few tops that will get me through the next couple of months. Thank the Lord! I've been in a much better mood since then. When we were at Baby Gap I ran into Annalee, who has an adorable blog that you should check out.

Saturday:
Still raining. Still cold. I took a mid-morning nap. Loved it. Then we had lunch at PF Chang's. So good. After that we headed to Target to get Jackson some new underwear because we are officially done with pull-ups during the day. Thank You, God, my son is finally pooping on the potty on a regular basis. (We've gotten close but reverted every time.) Then I took an afternoon nap. Best day ever.

Sunday:
The baby and I went to my parents' house for a brief visit while everyone else went to church. My parents left for the ranch today, so it was my only chance to see them for a while. Curt's parents left this afternoon. We had a wonderful time with them and we are so thankful for their love for us and especially for our kids! Jackson is going to be so sad when he wakes up in the morning and they're not in the next room.

*I anticipate a busy work week and since Jackson's MDO is on spring break, I might be scarce for the next few days. Have a great week, everyone!

48 comments:

Fran said...

Sounds like a GREAT week...and I'm feelin for ya on the no MDO thing. That always ruined my mood. ;)

You can come vent to us any time you need too....we'll love ya through it.

Hugs,
Fran

Heather said...

Sounds like a full and fun week! The weather was completely throwing me off before we left town, I was digging the warm weather this early. I love reading annalee's blog, it's so fun and she seems super sweet!! have a great week!

Moose Mama said...

What a fun week, except for the ruined shoe part. I could hear the excitement in your "voice".

God IS good!

Melana

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some rest and retail therapy this weekend. Have a good week!
Amy

Lindsee Lou said...

Meeting Miss Annabeth was a super sweet treat. It was fun for everyone! Bless those sweet socks. I'm so sorry about the black flats and the nasty weather for the Rodeo. I am so ready for it to be sunny again! Hope you have a great week with everything else going on!

Suzi K said...

Oh no! It's not by any chance the Moby Wrap Sling that I recommended in the past is it? LOL if not than i still think you should get it heehee! If it is i'm sorry you hate it but you've got to keep trying!:)

I need to workout ugh!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful week...even though the weather turned bad.

Anytime you're in Hotlanta, you can come take a nap at my house...I'll watch the kiddos.

Blessings!
Sheryl

CAROL LIVIN FOR GOD said...

HI AMANDA
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A BUSY WEEK AND A VERY FUN WEEK. WELL I WISH ALL OF SEISTA'S LIVE IN HOUSTON AND THEN WE COULD HELP ONE ANOTHER OUT. ANYWAY THANKS FOR SHARING WITH YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL ALL OF SEISTA'S WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
GODBLESS YOU ALL
HUGS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU
CAROL ALBUQ NM

Mary said...

You taught me about the little Itzbeen thing and now a new nursing bra--you're just full of information that I can apply :)

Kellie said...

Any advice on getting little boys to poop on the potty???? congrats for you!!! Wilson is tee-teeing like a champ but REFUSES to poop - waits as long as he can for that pull-up at nap time and goes!!!! I'll try anything!!!!!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the recap!!!  Sounds like a busy but great week!!!!!! Love ya, friend, and happy Monday!!

Marla Taviano said...

Thanks for the cute update. Loved it.

Now I'm glad we didn't make it to TX this month. Hopefully April will be sunny and beautiful. :)

Have a great week!!

Marla Taviano said...

I tried to comment but don't know if it went through.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm glad it didn't work out for us to come to TX this month. Praying April is happy and sunny!

annalee said...

i'm so glad you got to have an out-and-about kind of week with the family. i'll second the "bravos" for bravado bras. nothing beats that comfort! i'm considering having another kid just to bust those out again:)

and oh you sweet girl, thank you for sharing my blog. what neat timing God has, because i had just shared what was on my heart about adelaide's walking (or lack there of at this point) and asked for prayers. i know there are pray-ers that read you blog that just might stop by and do just that:)

hope this week is delightful!

Patty said...

So glad you had a great week and naps are a good thing! I was wild and crazy last week and decided to take a nap at 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon and did not wake up until 5:00! It felt so good! :)

Praying your parents have a grea time at the ranch and that you have a great week!
Love,
Patty

Erin Ward said...

I'm so bummed that you had to throw your shoes away!

Bobbie said...

What a fun week-well, except for having to throw your shoes away, but now you can shop for new ones!!

Congrats to you on Jackson's successes--when we put our son in "real boy briefs" he would do anything to keep them clean and dry.

Have another great week!
Blessings, Bobbie

Amy said...

Love, love, love the Bravado nursing bras. I'm so sorry that I didn't have them with my first kiddo, too. They are awesome!

One question: JT songs? I am a step aerobics woman, too, and I just can't place that one .....

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Sounds like a great week to me...good food and good company...can't go wrong with that!

Missy said...

Girl - you've been busy! So glad you were able to get out and about and enjoy some yummy food and shopping! :)

Haley said...

Sounds like y'all have had a busy week! I got to be apart of the weekend in Nashville and your mom showed some sweet pictures of Annabeth. You have such a precious family! So, have a lot of things changed since you now have 2 children? I'd love for you to blog about that sometime!

Marc and Charity said...

Wow, you've been busy but it sounds like fun! I laughed at your daffodil comment, very true. Hope you have a good week with both your kiddos home! :)

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

What a fun and busy week!

I have to tell you about another sling you should try, if you haven't already. Check out www.kangarookorner.com Their fleece pouch was a lifesaver with both of my kiddos. My Dad even wore it a few times to carry my daugher around in when we visited them, it was really cute to see!

Tara G. said...

We just hit the big boy undies in the daytime, too! Praise the Lord for Lightening McQueen!!!

Have a great week!

Cheryl said...

So glad you got some jeans that fit! I'm 35 weeks, and I'm already ready dreading the post-partum body! yuk!

Hope you have a good week!

amberburger said...

manda...duvet clips. thats the answer to your bedding issue. i wrote a comment on that blog, but it wouldnt post for some reason...and besides...there were already hundreds...sooo...duvet clips are little clips you can get at bed bath and beyond or any old bedding store. you just turn your duvet inside out and clip the corners and sides of the comforter to the duvet. they are wonder workers...we have duvets on all are beds...mostly because they are SUPER easy and cheap to make, (two cute peices of fabric sewn together on all sides...so easy. Anyway, what i said in my other post was, Faylinn and I are at camp this week and REALLY wishing you were here! we miss you!

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Sounds like you had a fun week. Pretty weather makes all the differnce in the world. I hate it that you got a sling you didn't like! I absolutely L-O-V-E-D mine!! It was called a Peanut Shell and it was darling! I took my babies everywhere in that thing. Maybe you could look into that one!

Lots of Love,
Rebekah Boone
Bryant, AR

Becky said...

You and Annabeth looked beautiful at Bible Study!

Congrats on the underware wearing!

The Synnott's said...

i have to say annabeth was so cute tuesday! looks like you had a full week and it being spring break you wont gete much of a break! have a great one!

Paige said...

OK--have to know...how in the world did you get Jackson to poop on the potty...I cannot, for the life of me or anyone else in this house, figure out how to inspire my three and a half year old precious daughter to give it a try!

I know...not a great comment, but I am desperate for help!

:)

Heather said...

Hope you have a GREAT week and thanks for the catch-up! I am behind on reading blogs...so I am trying to catch up myself!!! Happy late blog-aversary!!!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Two naps IN ONE DAY?

You are living large, my friend.

The B's said...

Oh how I miss the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo!!! I'm so jealous! :) I hope the Lord takes my family back to Texas one day...I want to go "home".

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Amanda,
Glad you are able to get the baby out and have some fun. Nice Curtis' parents could come and visit with you. Sweet!

Shan and the J's said...

Hey Amanda .. I don't have time to read through comments tonight to see if you got any better advice than this, but I had the same problem with my duvets and I found that getting 4 large safety pins and pinning the down comforter to the duvet cover in each corner kept it a little more even. Not perfect by any means, but for sure it is better than before. :-) Take care, Shannon

Kelli said...

I hope you had so much fun with Michelle! I just adore her... she is too funny!

valerie said...

Sounds like your week was absolutely fantastic...besides the weather & your flats getting ruined.

I hope the weather is great this week since it's spring break.

I'm in sunny Chicago this week on vacation with my mom and sister. Today it's supposed to be 70 degrees! Yay!

I'm also glad your mom is getting away for a few days. Hopefully she's rest and relax.

Love,
Valerie (Oklahoma)

Amy said...

What a fun week...glad all is going well! Check out my blog today for an award for you!

Stephanie said...

Just out of curiosity, can you break down the "binding" process you did for the second time around at aerobics?

I'm having the same problem. Nursing a 6 month old, so they're not as voluminous as they were, but still not comfortable to have bouncing up and down. One sports bra does nothing. It tried a nursing bra under a sports bra, and it was better, but I was wondering if you had some suggestions.

Katie said...

Those nursing bras do look comfy...and cute. Thanks for mentioning them!

Amanda said...

JT is Justin Timberlake. And the binding process involves one nursing bra and two sports bras. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Spicy Magnolia said...

Hi, Amanda! Hope this finds you doing well...and that you have a good night's sleep! :) I've been wanting to take Brennan to the rodeo. I think the one in Austin is getting ready to take place. Actually, ever since you posted one time about the corn dogs at the TX State Fair, I've wanted to go there for the last 2 years, but I'll just have to keep waiting. I'm all about the food.

I never would have thought about the side effects of exercising while nursing...oh my goodness! I have yet to get out my exercise video. You've however inspired me to do so...so maybe next week. ;)

Where did you find your tops? I need to get some. Two out of three of mine I try to put on now leave me jaw dropped at my new developments. ha! will they go back to normal???

hope you have a wonderful week with your little ones and hubby. enjoy spring! :)

Kelli said...

Yesterday I finally tasted the goodness of the BBQ chicken sandwich from Goode Co. Last year I was too pregnant to walk any further to eat and didn't make it to their stand. But this year I was determined to try it and OH-MY-WORD it did not disappoint. Thank you for recommending that little bit of goodness wrapped up in foil! :)

Is it bad that I am already looking forward to eating it next year?

Kiki said...

Bravado is the best! I love them. I just wish they weren't so dern expensive!

katiegfromtennessee said...

Little Momma, you had a packed week! It was a fun-packed week though. Yay! New cute clothes, always makes me feel good too;) Annabeth's bows are da bomb. Supa cute:) I LOVE the future heiress socks! Fun!

((HUGS))!

katiegfromtennessee

R said...

how fun that your friend worked for President Bush! i worked for a GOP Representative in his local office for my post-college, pre-mom career. :0) it was a blast!

Erica said...

Hey girl.
I have had fun catching up on your blog. We did the Rodeo thing in the super cold, rainy weather. Yuck...but at least it was fun inside.
I must say that I can totally relate to the feelings you are having today. I absolutely know that we are supposed to be here, but I miss my FL friends like crazy. When you live somewhere for so long, they become a 2nd family. We did Easter with them for the last 4 years, so I have been sentimental about that lately.
Take care!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Um, two of my favorite things...Bravado and Doodles. Love them both!